|Father||John Sackett MD (c 1702-after 1760)|
John Sackett was a soldier in the American Revolutionary War.7
In 1790 John was living in Stephentown, Albany County, New York StateG. In his household were three males (16+), one male under 16, and six females.8
Children of John Sackett
- John Sackett
- Margaret Sackett
Children of John Sackett and Prudence Atherton
- Colonel James Sackett b. 6 Jun 1770, d. c 1821
- Simeon Sackett b. 30 Nov 1771, d. 25 Jan 1813
- Sarah Sackett b. 21 Nov 1773, d. 25 Sep 1843
- Jacob Sackett b. 5 Nov 1775, d. 9 Feb 1813
- Benjamin Sackett b. 22 Oct 1777, d. 1 Apr 1862
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 22 Nov 1779
- Chloe Sackett b. 17 May 1782, d. before 1864
- Amelia Sackett+ b. 15 Jun 1784, d. 16 Aug 1860
- Ezekiel Sackett+ b. 22 Nov 1786, d. 28 Oct 1857
- Lois Sackett b. 17 Nov 1788, d. 12 Dec 1807
|Sackett line||Grandson of Capt Richard Sackett|
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 719 |
Thurmon King's Database, 8574
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
George F Morris & Polly M Ferrington relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- DAR ID Number: 116171 n.pub.,. NS026053
Source Media Type: Electronic.
- Monumental inscription on the grave of John & Prudence Sackett (Weston Cemetery, Tyrone, Schuyler County, New York), "Sackett, John 7-26-1805 æ 59
Prudence wf 10-5-1808 æ 60
Sackett, Lois 11-17-1788 - 12-12-1807
Sackett, Benjamin 4-1-1852 æ 81
Sackett, Simeon 11-30-1771 - 1-25-1813
Sackett, Jacob 11-5-1775 - 2-9-1813."
- Sketches of Old Hillsdale, p. 101 "John Sackett...mar. Dover, NY 10/24/1769 to Prudence Atherton...children: Simeon, Benjamin, John, Amelia mar. _ Persall, Margaret mar. _ Pitcher, Jacob, Cloe mar. . Vermilyea, Ezekiel, Elizabeth mar. Adams, Sarah, 1774-1843 mar. J. Koon in Westerlo, NY 2/23/1794."
- Ruth E Barlow, A History of the South Amenia Presbyterian Church of Union Society 1759-1959, John Sackett & Prudence Atherton were married by Rev Ebenezer Knibloe.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, John
Service: New York
Birth: 8-18-1747, Albany Co, New York
Death: 7-25-1805, Wayne Lake, Steuben Co, New York
Service Source: Roberts, NY in the Rev, pp 139, 140, 149, 152
Service Description: Cols John Field & Henry Luddington, Dutchess Co Militia
Residence: Dutchess Co, New York
Spouse: Prudence Atherton."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, John Sackett. Stephen Town, Albany, NY. 3 white males (16+), 1 white male under 16, and 6 white females.
|Last Edited||10 April 2018|