|Father||Henry Sackett (c 1738-1774)|
Administration of William's estate was granted on 3 June 1819 to his widow Catherine.6
Granted by: Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 3 June 1819.
Source: National Archives, PROB 6/195/f188.
William Sackett, late of Orsett, Essex; farmer.
Admon granted to Catherine Sackett, widow & relict of deceased.
In 1841 William's widow was living in Orsett, EssexG, and was recorded in the census as Catherine Sackett, of independent means, aged 70 and born in Essex. Living with her was her unmarried daughter Martha Ann, aged 35.7
In 1851 she was living in Orsett, EssexG, and was recorded as Catherine Sackett, head of household, a widow, aged 80, and born in Binfield, Berkshire. Living with her was her unmarried daughter Martha, 45, a schoolmistress. Also in the household were three schoolchildren, and two female servants.8
Children of William Sackett and Catherine Sargeant
Notes & Citations
- Baptism, Hornchurch, Essex (IGI), "23 April 1769 William Sacket s. Henry Sacket & Martha."
- Memorial Inscription, St Giles and All Saints, Orsett, Essex, database, Findmypast, "1819 William Sackett."
- Boyd's Marriage Index, Walthamstow, Essex, "1795 William Sackett & Catherine Sargeant. Licence."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1855. Sackett, Catherine. Orsett."
- Email from Judy Foster to Chris Sackett, 11 May 2006.
- Letters of administration of the estate of William Sackett of Orsett, Essex, granted at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 3 June 1819 (National Archives), "William Sackett, late of Orsett, Essex; farmer.
Admon granted to Catherine Sackett, widow & relict of deceased."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 322, book 24, folio 14, p. 23, GSU roll 241360
Catherine Sackett, 70, ind, b. Essex
Martha Ann Sackett, 35, b. Essex.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1773/f.339
Catherine SACKETT, head, widow, 80, b. Berkshire, Binfield
Martha A. SACKETT, dau, unmarried, 45, schoolmistress, b. Essex, Orsett
Louisa REA, scholar, 8, b. Essex
Albert SKINNER, scholar, 7, b. Essex, West Thurrock
Frank SKINNER, scholar, 5, b. Essex, West Thurrock
Susan FRANKLIN, serv., unmarried, 32, cook, b. Essex, Orsett
Ann ROBINSON, serv., 13, housemaid, b. Suffolk.
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald|
|Last Edited||23 Sep 2019|