|Father||Henry Sackett (c 1738-1774)|
Administration of William's estate was granted on 3 June 1819 to his widow Catherine.6
In 1841 William's widow was living in Orsett, EssexG, and was recorded in the census as Catherine Sackett, of independent means, aged 70 and born in Essex. Living with her was her unmarried daughter Martha Ann, aged 35.7
In 1851 she was living in Orsett, EssexG, and was recorded as Catherine Sackett, head of household, a widow, aged 80, and born in Binfield, Berkshire. Living with her was her unmarried daughter Martha, 45, a schoolmistress. Also in the household were three schoolchildren, and two female servants.8
Children of William Sackett and Catherine Sargeant
- William Sackett+ b. 29 Dec 1795, d. 2 Mar 1871
- Catherine Sackett b. c 1796, d. c 1797
- Catherine Sackett b. 14 Dec 1798
- James Sackett b. 1801, d. 1846
- Henry Sackett+ b. 2 May 1803, d. 6 Nov 1879
- Martha Ann Sackett b. 1805, d. 28 Sep 1898
- Jane Sackett b. 19 Apr 1807, d. 19 Jan 1810
- Henrietta Sackett b. 1809
- John Sackett b. 1812
Notes & Citations
- Baptism, Hornchurch, Essex (IGI), "23 April 1769 William Sacket s. Henry Sacket & Martha."
- "Essex Monumental Inscriptions", database, Findmypast, St Giles & All Saints, Orsett, Essex, "Large flat ledger, slightly raised, on a small brick plinth. // To the memory of / William Sackett / who died April 25 1819 aged (76) / also Catherine his wife / who died April 30 18(33or55) aged 8(1)? / and of their children / Catherine died (in infancy) / Jane died (Jan 19th 1810 aged 3 years)? / John (June 28 18--)? / Henrietta (Dec ----)? / James (May 22 18(1or4)6)? (---- 11 or 44) / Martha (Ann June--)? / aged (1)? /."
- Boyd's Marriage Index, Walthamstow, Essex, "1795 William Sackett & Catherine Sargeant. Licence."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1855. Sackett, Catherine. Orsett."
- Email from Judy Foster to Chris Sackett, 11 May 2006.
- Letters of administration of the estate of William Sackett of Orsett, Essex, granted at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 3 June 1819 (National Archives), "William Sackett, late of Orsett, Essex; farmer.
Admon granted to Catherine Sackett, widow & relict of deceased."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 322, book 24, folio 14, p. 23, GSU roll 241360
Catherine Sackett, 70, ind, b. Essex
Martha Ann Sackett, 35, b. Essex.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1773/f.339
Catherine SACKETT, head, widow, 80, b. Berkshire, Binfield
Martha A. SACKETT, dau, unmarried, 45, schoolmistress, b. Essex, Orsett
Louisa REA, scholar, 8, b. Essex
Albert SKINNER, scholar, 7, b. Essex, West Thurrock
Frank SKINNER, scholar, 5, b. Essex, West Thurrock
Susan FRANKLIN, serv., unmarried, 32, cook, b. Essex, Orsett
Ann ROBINSON, serv., 13, housemaid, b. Suffolk.
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||6 Jun 2021|