|Father||William Sackett (1769-1819)|
|Mother||Catherine Sargeant (c 1770-1855)|
In 1851 William was living at School House, Love Lane, All Saints, Wandsworth, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a dyer, head of household, married, aged 52 and born in Clerkenwell, Middlesex. Living with him was his wife Louisa, a governess, aged 42.13
In 1861 he was living at St Ann's Place, Love Lane, WandsworthG, and was recorded as William Sackett, a collector of tithes, head of household, married, aged 64 and born in Clerkenwell. Living with him was his wife Louisa, aged 54.14
In 1871 William's widow Louisa was living at 3 St Ann's Place, WandsworthG, and was recorded in the census as Louisa Sackett, a church servant, a widow, aged 66 and born in Thatcham, Berkshire.15
In 1881 she was living at 8 Haldon Road, WandsworthG, in the household of Charles Alexander and family, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, a verger, a lodger, aged 79 and born in Thatcham, Berks.16
Louisa's will, made in WandsworthG, was proved at the Principal Registry on 23 March 1886. Her personal estate was valued at £297.17
Children of William Sackett and Maria Sarah Todd
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Clerkenwell, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "Sackett, William son of Willm & Katherine, b. 29th Decr 95, bap. 18 January 1796."
- Email from Judy Foster to Chris Sackett, 11 May 2006.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1871. Sackett, William, 75. Wandsworth. 1d:443."
- Burials Register, All Saints, Wandsworth, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "9 March 1871, William Sackett, of Wandsworth, 75."
- Email from Judy Foster to Chris Sackett, 3 December 2004.
- Marriage, Acton, Suffolk (IGI), "25 November 1818 William Sackett & Maria Sarah Todd."
"Licence: 24 November 1818, Wm Sackett, jun., of Orsett, Essex, single man, & Maria Sarah Todd, of Acton, 19 years, father Amos Todd, at the same. Archdeaconry of Sudbury, Suffolk, Allegations for Marriage Licences [Society of Genealogists]."
- International Genealogical Index (IGI); Family Search website (LDS Church), "Sarah Maria Todd, b. 24 May 1801, Geldstone, Norfolk, bp. 3 August 1802, daughter of Amos Todd & Elizabeth Richards."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Dec qtr 1841. Sackett, William. Saffron Walden."
- Marriage, Saffron Walden, Essex (England Marriages, LDS FamilySearch), film 1526934, "29 Dec 1841, William Sackett & Louisa Bush."
- Marriages Register, St Mary, Saffron Walden, Essex (Guild of One-Name Studies Marriage Index), "29 Dec 1841, William Sackett & Louisa Bush."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1886. Sackett, Louise, 85. Wandsworth. 1d:561."
- Burials Register, All Saints, Wandsworth, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "1886 March 13, Louisa Sackett, of Wandsworth, 85. Wm Reed, Vicar."
- 1851 England census
School House, Love Lane, All Saints, Wandsworth, Surrey
William Sackett, head, married, 52, dyer, b. Middlesex, Clerkenwell
Louisa Sackett, wife, 42, governess, b. Berkshire, Thatcham
- 1861 England census
RG9, piece 372, folio 58, p. 7, GSU roll 542625
St Ann's Place, Love Lane, Wandsworth, Surrey
William Sackett, head, married, 64, collector of tithes, b. Middlesex, Clerkenwell
Louisa Sackett, wife, 54, b. Berks, Thatcham.
- 1871 England census
RG10, piece 709, folio 35, p. 8, GSU roll 823345
3 St Ann Place, All Saints, Wandsworth, Surrey
Louisa Sackett, widow, 66, church servant, b. Thatcham, Berkshire.
- 1881 England census
RG11, piece 656, folio 26, p. 4, GSU roll 1341152
8 Haldon Road, Wandsworth, Surrey
Louisa Sackett, lodger, unm , 79, verger, b. Thatcham, Berks
[in household of Charles Alexander & family].
- Will of Louisa Sackett of Wandsworth, Surrey, date not known, proved at the Principal Registry, 23 March 1886 (Somerset House Indexes), "Sackett Louisa. Personal estate £297 12s 4d. 23 March 1886. The will of Louisa Sackett late of 4 Berkeley-villas South Fields Wandsworth in the County of Surrey Widow who died 9 March 1886 at 4 Berkeley-villas was proved at the Principal Registry by Henry Knight of 103 High-street Wandsworth Pharmaceutical Chemist one of the Executors."
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Richard Sackett of South Weald, Essex|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
|Last Edited||25 Sep 2019|