Martha Ann Sackett
|Father||William Sackett (1769-1819)|
|Mother||Catherine Sargeant (c 1770-1855)|
In 1841 Martha was living in OrsettG in the household of her widowed mother Catherine, and was recorded in the census as Martha Ann Sackett, aged 35 and born in Essex.5
In 1851 she was living in OrsettG in the household of her mother Catherine, and was recorded as Martha A Sackett, a schoolmistress, unmarried, aged 45, and born in Orsett, Essex.6
In 1871 she was living at Mill Lane, OrsettG, in the household of her brother-in-law Richard James, widower of Martha's sister Catherine., and was recorded as Martha A Sackett, a housekeeper, unmarried, aged 65, and born in Orsett. Also in the household was a 13-year-old female general servant.7
In 1881 she was living at High Street, OrsettG, and was recorded as Martha Sackett, farmer of 20 acres, unmarried, aged 75 and born in Orsett. She was a visitor in the household of Elizabeth Greenaway, 85, a retired farmer.8
In 1891 she was living at Mill Lane, OrsettG, and was recorded as Martha Ann Sackett, a farmer, head of household, single, aged 85 and born in Orsett. Living with her was a 71-year-old female domestic servant.9
Martha's will, made in Orsett, EssexG, was proved at the Principal Registry, London, on 28 November 1898. Her nephew William Henry Sackett was the executor. The value of her estate was £224.10
|Sackett line||Great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptism, Orsett, Essex (IGI), "18 June 1805 Martha Ann d. William & Catherine Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1898. Sackett, Martha Ann, 93. Orsett."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, HO107, piece 322, book 24, folio 14, p. 23, GSU roll 241360
Catherine Sackett, 70, ind, b. Essex
Martha Ann Sackett, 35, b. Essex.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1773/f.339
Catherine SACKETT, head, widow, 80, b. Berkshire, Binfield
Martha A. SACKETT, dau, unmarried, 45, schoolmistress, b. Essex, Orsett
Louisa REA, scholar, 8, b. Essex
Albert SKINNER, scholar, 7, b. Essex, West Thurrock
Frank SKINNER, scholar, 5, b. Essex, West Thurrock
Susan FRANKLIN, serv., unmarried, 32, cook, b. Essex, Orsett
Ann ROBINSON, serv., 13, housemaid, b. Suffolk.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/1654/f37v
Mill Lane, Orsett, Essex
Richard James, head, widower, 77, farmer, b. Orsett
Martha A Sackett, sister-in-law, unm., 65, housekeeper, b. Orsett
Ellen Ausell, serv., 13, gen. serv., b. Grays, Essex.
- 1881 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, FHL 1341422, PRO RG11/1754/17/2
High Street, Orsett, Essex
Elizabeth GREENAWAY, head, widow, 85, b. Orsett, Essex, retired farmer
Martha SACKETT, visitor, unmarried, 75, b. Orsett, farmer of 20 acres
Sarah MORGAN, servant, unmarried, 39, b. West Thurrock, Essex, general domestic.
- 1891 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 1380, folio 87, p. 30, GSU roll 6096490
Mill Lane, Orsett, Essex
Martha Ann Sackett, head, single, 85, farmer, b. Essex, Osett
Maryann Baldwin, servant, widow, 71, general servant domestic, b. Essex, Corringham.
- Will of Martha Ann Sackett of Orsett, Essex, date not known, proved at Principal Registry, London, 28 November 1898 (Somerset House Indexes), "Martha Ann Sackett, Blomfield Villa, Orsett, Essex, spinster, died 28 September 1898. Will proved London 28 November 1898. Estate £224 17s 5d. Executor: William Henry Sackett, rate-collector."
|Last Edited||25 September 2019|