|Father||Deacon & Captain Justus Sacket (1729/30-1815)|
|Mother||Lydia Newcomb (c 1731-1808)|
In 1790 Homer was living in Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG. In his household were one man, two boys, and one female.7
Homer was listed in the census in 1800 and 1810 as a householder in WarrenG.8,9
Homer was a pew holder in the Congregational Church, WarrenG, in 1816 and in 1822.10
In 1850 he was living in Warren, Litchfield CountyG, and was recorded as Homer Sackett, a farmer, aged 85. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 81, their son Homer Jr, 48, and daughter-in-law Flora, 42, and Homer and Flora's children, Edward, 14, Homer S, 11, Augustine, 9, and Flora, aged three. There were also two male laborers in the household and an 18-year-old female, perhaps a servant or farm worker.11
(Src: Find A Grave, Michael Ryley Bradbury)
Children of Homer Sackett and Sarah Carter
- Theron Sacket b. 19 Jan 1788, d. 3 Aug 1843
- Colonel Augustine Sacket+ b. 24 Apr 1789
- Aaron Sackett+ b. 7 Jun 1791, d. 8 Jan 1872
- Arrilla Sacket+ b. 30 Nov 1792, d. 1874
- Polly Sacket+ b. 13 Jun 1794, d. 25 Jul 1892
- Orange Sackett+ b. 21 Apr 1796, d. 10 Mar 1877
- Sarah Sacket b. 23 Jan 1798
- Rev Seth Sacket+ b. 6 Feb 1800, d. 19 Jan 1853
- Homer Sacket+ b. 8 Dec 1801, d. 12 Jan 1871
- Patty Sacket+ b. 8 May 1804, d. 25 Jul 1892
- Phebe M Sacket b. 6 Jun 1807
- Charles B. Sacket b. 11 Oct 1812, d. 11 Mar 1813
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 657 |
Thurmon King's Database, 3608
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Eleazer Curtis Sacket & Patty Sacket relationship chart
Homer Skiff Sackett & Charrie E Strong relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Homer, s. [Justice & Lyddia], b. Aug. 6, 1765. Kent Vital Records, 1:10."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:13, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Homer, died May 17, 1853, age 88 yrs."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Homer, m. Sarah Carter, Aug. 19, 1787. Warren Vital Records, 1:115."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:13, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Sarah, wife of Homer, died Oct 25, 1852, age 84 yrs."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Homer Sacket. Warren, Litchfield, CT. 1 white male (16+), 2 white males under 16, and 1 white female.
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Homer Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- 1810 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Homer Sacket, Warren, Litchfield County, Connecticut."
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956 (1956), 19–20, "List of Pew Holders in Old Meeting House, 1816 [included] Justus Sackett, Moses Sackett, Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Alexander Sackett, Aaron Sackett."
39–40, "List of Pew Holders in New Meeting House, 1822 [included] Benjamin Sackett, Homer Sackett, Justus Sackett, Aaron Sackett, Moses Sackett, Alexander Sackett."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, Roll M432_43, p. 85
Warren, Litchfield, Connecticut
Sackett, Homer, 85, m, farmer, b. CT
Sackett, Sarah, 81, f, b. CT
Sackett, Homer Jr., 48, m, farmer, b. CT
Sackett, Flora, 42, f, b. CT
Sackett, Edward, 14, m, b. CT
Sackett, Homer S., 11, m, b. CT
Sackett, Augustine, 9, m, b. CT
Sackett, Flora J., 3, f, b. CT
Hogan, John, 22, m, laborer, b. IRE
Pratt, James, 21, m, laborer, b. IRE
Kerney, Margaret, 18, f, b. IRE.
|Last Edited||7 December 2019|