|Father||Isaac Sacket (1702/3-1773)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Shepard (say 1710-)|
Zavan served as a private in the American Revolutionary War.8
In 1790 Zavan was living in Norwich, Hampshire County, MassachusettsG. In his household were one man, five boys, and three females.9
Children of Zavan Sacket and Abigail Bills
- Zavin Sacket b. 11 Aug 1781, d. 6 Dec 1857
- Isaac Sackett+ b. 26 Feb 1783, d. 29 Mar 1863
- Rolin Sackett+ b. 1785, d. 22 Feb 1863
- James Sacket b. c 1786, d. 11 Jan 1862
- Emily Sacket b. after 1788
- Ann Sacket b. after 1788
- Eliza Sacket b. after 1788, d. 5 Aug 1850
- Jabez B Sacket b. 14 Dec 1788, d. 17 Nov 1870
- Abigail Sackett b. say 1795
- Joseph Sackett b. c 1800
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 184 |
Thurmon King's Database, 2019
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:221 Zavan Sacket, b. April 28, 1751.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Zavan, s. Isaac & Elisabeth (Shepard) b. Apr. 28, 1751."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1750 Sacket, Zavan s. Isaac & Eliza, Sept. 2." [Date should be 1751 to be consistent with birth date]
- Crawford Statesman, [Thursday] Oct 29, 1840, p.3 col 6
Died "On Monday night last, Mr. Zavan Sacket, Sr., of Mead township, in the 92nd yr of his age." [Note: Monday night was Oct, 26 1840.] [from TEK database]
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:257 Marriage intentions filed: Zavan SACKET & Miriam BROOKS. A poss. 1st m. of Zavan SACKET.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Zavan Sacket of Springfield and Miriam Brooks of Springfield; m. [date blank]."
- Website National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (http://dar.org/), "Sackett, Zaven
Birth: 4-28-1751, Westfield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts
Death: 10-26-1840, Meadville, Crawford Co, Pennsylvania
Pension Number: *S4659
Service Source: *S4659
Service Description: 1) Capt Warham Parks, 2) Col Denison Cont Troop
Residence: Westfield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts
Spouse: Abigail Bills."
- 1790 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Lieut Zavan Sacket. Norwich, Hampshire, MA. 1 white male (16+), 5 white males under 16, and 3 white females.
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||2 January 2019|