|Father||Zavan Sacket Sr (1751-1840)|
|Mother||Abigail Bills (c 1759-1842)|
James was assessed for State and Town taxes in HuntingtonG in 1811, 1813, and 1815.8
James was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in Norwich (later Huntington), Hampshire County, MassachusettsG.9
James removed in the 1820s from Massachusetts to Mead, Pennsylvania, where his father Zavan and brother Rolin were already established.
James was listed in the census in 1830 and 1840 as a householder in Mead, Crawford County, PennsylvaniaG.10,11
In 1850 James was living in MeadG and was recorded in the census as James Sackett, a farmer, aged 62 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Almina, 52, and their daughter Ann, aged 18. Also in the household was James's brother Joseph, 50, a farmer.12
In 1860 he was living in MeadvilleG and was recorded as James Sacket, a farmer, aged 72. Living with him were his wife Almena, 62, and their daughter Anna, 28.13
After James's death, Almena removed with her daughter Anna to Prairieville, Michigan, where James's nephew Jabez Sackett was already established.
In 1870 Almena was living in Prairieville, Barry County, MichiganG, and was recorded as Almena Sacket, aged 72. Her unmarried daughter Anna, 38, was living with her.14
In 1880 she was living in PrairievilleG and was recorded as Almina Sacket, a widow, head of household, aged 81. Her daughter Ann, 46, was living with her.15
Child of James Sacket and Almena Wright
- Anna Sackett b. c 1832
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "578a. James Sacket, b. in year 1786, d. Jan. 11, 1862."
- Website Find a Grave.
- Gravestone, "James Sacket / Died / Jan 11 1862."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Huntington marriages, Intentions "4 Nov 1819, Mr James Sacket and Miss Almina Wright."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Huntington births, "23 Jun 1798, Almenia Wright, dau. of Gideon & Sabrina Wright."
- "14 May 1891, Almena A Sackett, widow, 92, d. Prairieville, old age, b. MA, housewife, father Gideon Wright b. MA, mother unk." [Michigan, Return of Deaths, image on Find a Grave]
- Gravestone, "Almena Sacket / Died / May 14 1891 / Aged 92 yrs."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, Huntington, MA, 1811, "James Sackett, real estate [illegible], personal estate [illegible]."; 1813, "James Sackett, personal estate $50, tax $3.00."; 1815, "James Sacket, real estate $292.66, tax $15.10, personal estate $110, tax $6.60."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "James Sackett, Norwich, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "James Sacket, Mead, Crawford County, Pennsylvania."
- 1840 US census, database, American Ancestors, "James Sackett, Mead, Crawford County, Pennsylvania."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M432_770, p. 153
Mead, Crawford, Pennsylvania
Sackett, James, 62, farmer, b. MA
Sackett, Almina, 52, b. MA
Sackett, Ann, 18, b. PA
Sackett, Joseph, 50, farmer, b. MA.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 425, FHL film 805099
Meadville, Crawford, Pennsylvania
Sacket, James, 72, farmer, real estate $2400, personal estate $600, b. MA
Sacket, Almena, 62, b. MA
Sacket, Anna, 28, b. PA
McFadden, Ida, 4, b. PA
Roberts, Thomas, 22, farm laborer, b. PA.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_661, p 241A, FHL film
Prairieville, Barry, Michigan, 28 Jul 1870
Sacket, Almena, 72, keeping house, real estate $1000, personal estate $200, b. MA
Sacket, Anna, 38, at home, b. PA.
- 1880 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, FHL 1254571 NA T9-0571/219B
Prairieville, Barry, Michigan
Almina Sacket, head, widow, 81, b. MA, keeping house, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Ann A. Sacket, dau, single, 46, b. PA, keeping house, father b. MA, mother b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 2056|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||25 May 2022|