|Father||John Sackett of New Haven (early to mid-1620s-1684)|
|Mother||Agnes Tinkham (c 1630-1707)|
Mary was unusually old, at nearly 62, for a first marriage. However, her husband Benjamin, whose first marriage had lasted more than 40 years, was of similar age. A death record for Mary has not been found although she evidently predeceased Benjamin as he is recorded as having married for a third time.
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, p14, "Mary Sacket the daughter of John Sacket 24th of 7th mo 1657."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sacket, Mary, d. John, b. 7th mo., 24th da., 1657. New Haven Vital Records, 1:22."
- James Savage, A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Little, Brown & Company, Boston (1860-62), “SACKET, JOHN, New Haven, m. 20 May 1652, Agnes Tinkham, had John, b. 30 Apr. 1653; Jonathan, 6 June 1655; Mary, 24 Sept. 1657; Joseph, 3 May 1660; Martha, 19 Sept. 1662; and d. 3 Sept. 1684. His wid. d. 1707."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "19. Mary Sackett, b. Sept. 24, 1657."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), pp 1583–8, "Mary, b 24 Sep 1657 NHV; m 12 Aug 1719 NHV—Benjamin Bradley."
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 129, "Sergt Benjamin Bradly and mary Sackitt were married to Each other August 12th 1719 by Samll Bishop Jstice of Peace. Note on Sergt Bradly - Elizabeth the wife of Sergt Benjamin Bradly Decesed Novbr 3rd 1718."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackitt, Mary, m. Sergt. Benjamin Bradly, Aug. 12, 1719, by Sam[ue]ll Bishop, JP. New Haven Vital Records, 1:227."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), 262, "Benjamin [Bradley, s. William & Alice (Prichard) Bradley], b 8 Apr 1657 NHV, bp 12 Apr 1657 NHC1, d between Apr & June 1728; Sgt.; m (1) 29 oct 1677 NHV—Elizabeth da. John & Ellen (Harrison) Thompson, b 3 June 1657 NHV, d 3 Nov 1718 NHV; m (2) 12 Aug 1719 NHV—Mary da. John & Agnes (Tinkham) Sackett, b 24 Sep 1657 NHV; m (3) Sarah da. John & Hannah (Parmelee) Johnson, wid. John Wolcott, b 26 Aug 1664 NHV, d 1 Nov 1732/3 NHV; she m (3) 19 June 1729 NHV—David Perkins."
|See also||Early American Sacketts timeline|
Thurmon King's Database, 8763
|Sackett line||Daughter of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||18 Oct 2019|