|Father||John Sackett (1632-1719)|
|Mother||Abigail Hannum (1640-1690)|
Hannah was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, on 10 May 1718.
Child of Hannah Sacket and Thomas Dewey III
- ___ Dewey b. 1689, d. 9 Dec 1689
Children of Hannah Sacket and Capt Benjamin Newberry II
- Benjamin Newbury b. 31 Jan 1692/93, d. 24 Sep 1709
- Roger Newbury b. 24 Jun 1706
- Marah Newbury b. 3 Feb 1708/9, d. 5 Jun 1753
12. Hannah Sacket, 1669–1749, daughter of (4) John and Abigail Hannum Sacket, was married in April, 1688, to Thomas Dewey, 1664-1690, of Westfield, Mass. On May 3, 1691, she was married to her second husband, Capt. Benjamin Newbury, 2nd, 1669-1709. Previous to the year 1719 she was married to her third husband, a Mr. Merryman.
Hon. Thomas Newbury, colonist, grandfather of Capt. Benj. Newbury, 2nd, came from England in 1634, and was one of the Assistants in the Government of the Province of Massachusetts Bay in 1636, and died that year leaving property valued at £1520, 4, 7.
Capt. Benjamin Newbury, 1st, father of Capt. Benjamin Newbury, 2nd, was born in England and came to America with his father in 1634. He was married, June 11, 1646, to Mary Allen, daughter of Hon. Matthew Allen.
Hon. Matthew Allen was one of the early residents of Newtown, Mass., where in 1632-3 he built a house for himself and family, adjoining that of the colonist Simon Sackett. Paige, in his "History of Cambridge," quoting from records made by Hinman & Hazard, says:
50. Roger Newbury, b. June 24, 1706.
51. Marah Newbury, b. Feb. 3, 1709, d. June 5, 1753.
|Sackett line||2nd great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "12. Hannah Sacket, b. Mar. 7, 1669; d. Aug. 3., 1749; m. 2nd, Ben Newbury."
- Website Vital Records of Northampton, Massachusetts (Corbin Collection) (New England Historic Genealogical Society), birth, "Saccot, Hannah, dau. of John Saccot & Abigail, b. Mar. 7 1668/9."
- Thurmon King's database.
- Website New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Brief Notes of the Early History of the Dewey Family in America (New England Historic Genealogical Society), "Thomas Dewey, [s. Thomas Dewey & Constant Hawes], b. March 26, 1664–5, m. Hannah Sackett of Westfield, and d. there without issue, April 27, 1692."
- Vital Records, Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts, "Dewey, Thomas, s. Thomas & Constant, Mar 26, 1664."
|Last Edited||15 October 2019|