|Father||Thomas Sackett (1618-1666)|
|Mother||Mary Coleman (c 1620-c 1675)|
Paul was named as a beneficiary in his brother Thomas's will made in Minster in ThanetG on 16 October 1689.6,7 He was to be permitted to remain living in Thomas's house while he remained single and was given a bed and furnishings. He was appointed executor of Thomas's will. Paul would also have inherited Thomas's house by reversion following the death of Thomas's wife Jane who had been left the house during her widowhood but who died at about the same time as her husband.
An inventory of Paul's estate was taken at Minster in ThanetG on 15 March 1692/93. His estate, including sheep and cattle, was valued at £119.8
Date: 15 March 1692/93.
Source: Kent Archives Office, PRC 11-57-190.
Paul Sackett, of Minster, yeoman.
Appraised by: Thomas Sackett, John Ewell.
Value: £119 18s 0d.
Child of Paul Sackett and Ann Hammerden
- Jeffery Sackett b. 17 May 1691, d. 1773
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Nicholas, Ash next Sandwich, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "26 July 1663 Paul Sackett son of Thomas & Mary."
- Burials Register, Minster in Thanet, Kent (Transcript U3/143/1/1 - Debretts), "9 March 1692/93 Paul Sackett a housekeeper [?horsekeeper]."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "10 July 1690 Paul Sackett of Minster in Thanet, yeoman, bachelor, 26 & Ann Hammerden, same parish, spinster, 20. At St Alphege Canterbury. John Delillers of Canterbury, silkweaver, bondsman."
- Marriages Register, St Alphege, Canterbury, Kent (Parish Register and Bishops' Transcript), "10 July 1690 Paul Sackett & Ann Hamerden. Licence."
- Baptisms Register, Minster, Kent, database, Ancestry.com, "14 Jul 1672 Ann Hamerdine d. Richard Hamerdine & Margerett."
- Will of Thomas Sackett of Minster in Thanet, Kent, 16 October 1689, proved at Canterbury Archdeaconry Court, 26 November 1689 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 17-77-345).
- Inventory of the estate of Thomas Sackett of Minster in Thanet, Kent, taken 19 November 1689 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 11-53-192).
- Inventory of the estate of Paul Sackett of Minster in Thanet, Kent, taken 15 March 1692/93 (Kent Archives Office, PRC 11-57-190).
|Last Edited||10 October 2019|