Samuel Vernon Sackett
|Father||Ralph Hendricks Sackett (1884-1922)|
|Mother||Virginia Wheat (1884-)|
In 1920 Samuel was living at Duncan Street, Poplar Bluff, Butler County, MissouriG, in the household of his parents Ralph and Virginia, and was recorded in the census as Samuel A Sackett, aged eight and born in Missouri.10
In 1930 Samuel was living at Park Avenue, St LouisG, and was recorded in the census as Samuel Sackett, a paper box corrugator, aged 19. He was a roomer in the household of Andy Lee and family. Living with him were his wife Hazel, 18, and their daughter Maxine, aged three months.11
Samuel completed a World War II draft registration card on 16 October 1940. He was aged 28 and was employed at the Gaylord Box Company. He was living at 1507 Menard Street, St Louis, MissouriG. Next of kin was his mother Virginia McAllister.12
Samuel Vernon Sackett, 83, of Bismarck died Feb. 12 at his residence. He was born Dec. 29, 1911 in Poplar Bluff to the late Ralph Sackett and Virginia Wheat Sackett. He was preceded in death by two brothers; two sisters.
Mr. Sackett was a member of the Missionary Baptist Church in Bismarck.
He is survived by his wife, Tilda Keen Sackett of Bismarck; three sons: Donald V. Sackett of Granite City, Ill., Ralph E. Sackett of Champagne, Ill., Joseph M. Sackett of Mobile, Ala; one daughter, Maxine (Mrs. James) Doyle of Bismarck; 11 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews, friends and relatives.
Visitation will be held today from 6-9 p.m. at the Shipman Funeral Home in Bismarck. Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the Shipman Funeral Home with the Rev. Mike Hagerty officiating. Burial will be in the Masonic Cemetery in Bismarck.
—The Daily Journal, Flat River, Missouri, 14 Feb 1995, p 3.
Tilda Mae Sackett. Pilot Knob, formerly of Collinsville, Ill., more recently of Bismarck. Born Nov. 16, 1910, died May 18, 2002, at Meadowbrook Residential Care, Pilot Knob. Known as 'Annie' to nephews and nieces; as 'Tillie' to all friends and 'Mom' or 'Grandma' to all others, she always had the welcome mat out and food on the table for those who came round. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, Samuel Sackett; parents: Frank and Laura Doyle Keen; two brothers and two sisters.
Survived by sons: Donald (Dorothy) Sackett, Granite City, Ill, Ralph (Alicia) Sackett, Champaign-Urbana, Ill., Joseph (Julie) Sackett, Mobile, Ala; daughter, Maxine (James) Doyle, Desloge; 11 grandchildren; many great-grandchildren.
Visitation 6-9 p.m. today at the Shipman Funeral Home. Services 11 a.m., Monday at the Shipman Chapel with Rev. Michael Hagertv. Burial in the Bismarck Masonic Cemetery.
—The Daily Journal, Flat River, Missouri, 19 May 2002, p 5.
Children of Samuel Vernon Sackett and Hazel Hedgcorth
Children of Samuel Vernon Sackett and Tilda Mae Keen
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sam V Sackett, b. Dec 29, 1911, d. Feb 12, 1995, SSN 497-10-9340 issued MO, residence Bismarck, Missouri, 63624, county Saint Francois."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Sam V, b. 29 Dec 1911, d. 12 Feb 1995, claim date 16 Jun 1975."
- Find a Grave.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index" (American Ancestors transcript), "Tilda Sackett, b. Nov 16, 1910, d. May 18, 2002, SSN 486-28-2998 issued MO, residence Pilot Knob, Missouri, 63663, county Iron."
- "U.S. Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936–2007" (Ancestry transcript), "Sackett, Tilda, b. 16 Nov 1910, d. 18 May 2002, claim date 16 Jun 1975."
- 1920 United States census
Roll T625_909, p 5B, Enumeration District 13
Duncan, Poplar Bluff, Butler, Missouri, 6 Jan 1920
Sackett, Ralph H, head, 36, fireman, stationary, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. IN, home rented
Sackett, Virgie, wife, 33, none, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. PA
Sackett, Samuel A, son, 8, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Martin, son, 18, laborer, farm work, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Nova E, daughter, 15, none, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Emma J, daughter, 14, none, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Antoine A, son, 13, none, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO.
- 1930 United States census
Page 18A, Enumeration District 0361, FHL microfilm 2340964
Park Avenue, St Louis, St. Louis (Independent City), Missouri, 14 Apr 1930
Sackett, Samuel, roomer, 19, m. at 18, corrugator, paper box, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Sackett, Hazel, roomer, 18, m. at 17, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Sackett, Maxine, roomer, 3/12, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO.
[In household of Andy Lee & family]
- "U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940–1947" (Ancestry image), "Sam Vernon Sackett, 1507 Menard St, St Louis, Missouri, age 28, b. Butler Co, Missouri, 29 Dec 1911, nok Virginia McAllister, mother, Annapolis, MO, emp Gaylord Box Co, 2817 S 11th St, St Louis, race white, ht 5 7, eyes brown, wt 136, hair black, complexion light. Reg St Louis, Missouri, 16 Oct 1940."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||29 Sep 2021|