Ralph Hendricks Sackett
|Father||Andrew "Andy" Sackett (1849-1941)|
In 1900 Ralph was living in Williams, Wayne County, MissouriG, in the household of his father Andrew and stepmother Mary, and was recorded in the census as Ralph Sackett, a farm laborer, aged 16 and born in Missouri.7
In 1910 he was living in Nelson, Clay County, ArkansasG, and was recorded as Ralph Sackett, a tie maker [timber ties for the railroad], head of household, aged 27. Virginia, 24, listed as his wife, was living with him.8
Ralph completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 34 and was a farmhand. He was living at Lake Spring, Dent County, MissouriG, with his wife Virginia.9
In 1920 he was living at Duncan Street, Poplar Bluff, Butler County, MissouriG, and was recorded as Ralph H Sackett, a fireman, head of household, aged 36. Living with him were his wife Virginia, 33, and their son Samuel, aged eight.10
Child of Ralph Hendricks Sackett and Virginia Wheat
- Samuel Vernon Sackett+ b. 29 Dec 1911, d. 12 Feb 1995
Notes & Citations
- "Missouri, Death Certificates 1910–1962", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett, Ralph, d. City Hospital, St Louis, MO, res. 1235 S Broadway, 24 Dec 1922, married, b. MO, 8 Oct 1884, 38-2-16, fireman, father Andrew Sackett b. IN, mother Minain? Breman b. IN, informant Hospital Information, cause acute appendicitis, bur. New St Marcus Cem, 26 Dec 1922."
- Website Find a Grave.
- "Missouri, Marriage Records, 1805–2002", digital image, Ancestry.com, "20 May 1911 affidavit for license sworn at Butler County, MO. Ralph Sackett, 27, of Poplar Bluff, Butler County, & Virgie Wheat, 25, of St James, Phelps County, MO."
- "Missouri, Birth Registers, 1847–1910", digital image, Ancestry.com, "10 Sep 1884, Dawson, Phelps, Missouri, Virginia Wheat, father Martin Wheat, mother Virginia C Wheat."
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Page 7, Enumeration District 0158, FHL microfilm 1240907
Williams, Wayne, Missouri, 12-13 Jun 1900
Sackett, A, head, b. Aug 1850, 49, m. 7y, farmer, b. IN, father b. NY, mother b. Germany, home owned
Sackett, Mary, wife, b. May 1881, 19, m. 7y, no ch, b. MO, father b. IL, mother b. IL
Sackett, Ralph, son, b. Oct 1883, 16, farm laborer, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. OH.
- 1910 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T624_46, p 16A, Enumeration District 0004, FHL microfilm 1374059
Nelson, Clay, Arkansas, 9 May 1910
Sackett, Ralph, head, 27, m1. 2y, tie maker, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. IN, home rented
Sackett, Virgia, wife, 24, m1. 2y, no ch, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, Ancestry.com, Missouri, Phelps. Roll: 1683498, "Order no A1655, Ralph Hendricks Sackett, of Lake Spring, Dent Co, MO, age 34, b. Oct 8 1884, white, native born, farm hand, employer H W Lenox, Lake Spring, nok Mrs Virginia Sackett, Lake Spring. Registrant of medium ht, slender build, blue eyes, light hair, [disabilities blank]. Reg Phelps County, Missouri, 12 Sep 1918."
- 1920 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll T625_909, p 5B, Enumeration District 13
Duncan, Poplar Bluff, Butler, Missouri, 6 Jan 1920
Sackett, Ralph H, head, 36, fireman, stationary, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. IN, home rented
Sackett, Virgie, wife, 33, none, b. MO, father b. IN, mother b. PA
Sackett, Samuel A, son, 8, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Martin, son, 18, laborer, farm work, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Nova E, daughter, 15, none, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Emma J, daughter, 14, none, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO
Shockley, Antoine A, son, 13, none, b. MO, father b. MO, mother b. MO.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 34236|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||30 Oct 2021|