Adam Tredwell Sackett
|Father||Hon Clarence Daniel Sackett (1798-1858)|
|Mother||Gertrude Onderdonk Tredwell (1802-1828)|
During the American Civil War, Adam Sackett served for 30 days in 1864 in the 15th Regiment, New York Infantry National Guard of the Union Army.8
Children of Adam Tredwell Sackett and Sarah Elizabeth Ostrander
- Clarence Ostrander Sackett b. 14 Aug 1856
- Gertrude Tredwell Sackett b. 8 Oct 1858
- George Edward Sackett b. 9 Dec 1861, d. 22 Nov 1893
- Mary Moore Sackett b. 15 Aug 1863, d. 11 Jan 1886
- Helen Louise Sackett b. 9 Nov 1865
- Ferdinand William Sackett b. 16 Aug 1867, d. 26 Nov 1893
- Benjamin Lambert Sackett b. 20 Jan 1869, d. 3 Jul 1912
- Grenville Alfred Sackett b. 17 Jan 1873, d. 2 Mar 1874
2001. Adam Treadwell Sackett, 1828–1878, of Rye, N. Y., and New York City, only child of (776) Hon. Clarence D. Sackett and Gertrude Onderdonk Treadwell, was married, May 18, 1854, to Sarah Elizabeth Ostrander. He studied law and was admitted to the bar in New York City, but early in life inherited an estate, the management of which occupied so much of his time and attention as to preclude his entering actively into the practice of his profession. He is reported to have been throughout his adult life a close student of public affairs, and to have taken an intelligent interest in philanthropic and educational matters, especially in the public schools of New York City. Mr. Sackett was a descendant of Pieter of Amsterdam (whom history mentions as connected with the army of the King of Holland) in following line:
Gen. I. Pieter, of Amsterdam, Holland, and Kingston, N. Y., m. Trintje.
Gen. II. Peter Pieterzen Ostrander, of Kingston, N. Y., m. 1769, Rebecca Traphagen.
Gen. III. Hendrick Ostrander, m. May 12, 1724, Elizabeth Van Brommel.
Gen. IV. Wilhelmus Ostrander, m. Nov. 2, 1771, Sarah Relyea.
Gen. V. Ezekiel Ostrander, m. Oct. 28, 1778, Sarah Creed.
Gen. VI. Ferdinand William Ostrander, b. Oct. 1, 1833, Sarah Ann Corwin.
Gen. VII. Sarah Elizabeth Ostrander, m. May 18, 1854, Adam Treadwell Sackett, and they were the parents of following named.
4701. Gertrude T. Sackett, b. Oct. 8, 1858.
4702. George E. Sackett, b. Dec. 9, 1860, d. Nov. 22, 1893.
4703. Mary M. Sackett, b. Aug. 15, 1863, d. June 11, 1888.
4704. Helen L. Sackett, b. Nov. 9, 1865.
4705. Ferdinand W. Sackett, b. Aug., 16, 1867, d. Nov. 27, 1893.
4706. Benjamin Lambert Sackett, b. Jan. 20, 1869.
4707. Granville A. Sackett, b. Jan. 17, 1873, d. Mar. 2, 1874.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Descendants of Adam Tredwell Sackett
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "2001. Adam T. Sackett, b. June 13, 1828, d. Dec. 7, 1878; m. Sarah E. Ostrander."
- Adam Tredwell (1772–1852) Family Bible, "Adam Tredwell Sackett born 13th January 1828."
- Website Death Notices from the New York Evening Post, 1801–1890 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), 12/9/1878. "Dec 9, City, Adam Tredwell Sackett 51y."
- Adam Tredwell (1772–1852) Family Bible, "Adam Tredwell Sackett Died December 9th, 1878. Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery December 12th, 1878."
- Adam Tredwell (1772–1852) Family Bible, "Adam Tredwell Sackett was married 18th May 1854 [to] Sarah Elizabeth Ostrander."
- "New York City Marriage Notices, 1835–1880", database, Findmypast, "18 May 1854, at Brooklyn, NY, Adam T Sackett to Sarah Elizabeth O'Trander [sic], father F W Ostrander MD. The Brooklyn Eagle, 19 May 1854."
- Adam Tredwell (1772–1852) Family Bible, "Sarah Elizabeth Sackett died April 2 1909. Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery April 5, 1909."
- Website American Civil War database (National Park Service) (www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/index.html), "Sackett, Adam T, Union, 15th Regiment, New York Infantry National Guard (30 days, 1864)."
|Last Edited||28 May 2020|