Emma Polly Sackett
|Father||David Hammond Sackett (1804-1880)|
|Mother||Caroline Ames (1810-1908)|
In 1870 Emma was living in Marengo, McHenry County, IllinoisG, in the household of her husband Myron, 46, a farmer, and was recorded in the census as Emma Poyer, aged 27 and born in Illinois. Living with them were Myron's children, Clara, 19, and John, 17, and Emma's daughter, Berta, aged seven. There was also a male farm worker in the household.7
In 1880 she was living in Marengo, McHenry County, IllinoisG, in the household of her husband Myron, 54, a farmer, and was recorded as Emma Poyer, aged 39 and born in Illinois. Living with them was Emma's daughter Alberta A Locke, aged 17.8
In 1900 she was living at West Church Street, Marengo, McHenry County, IllinoisG, in the household of her husband Myron, 74, and was recorded as Emma P Poyer, aged 57.9
Child of Emma Polly Sackett and Albert E Locke
- Alberta Emma Locke+ b. 1863, d. 1931
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- Thurmon King's database, 18386 Emma P Sackett.
- "Illinois Death Index 1908–1988", database, Ancestry.com, "Poyer, Emma Polly (Sackett), b. Garden Prairie, IL, 1 Oct 1842, d. Belvidere, Boone, IL, 10 Aug 1940, bur. Garden Prairie, 13 Aug 1940, age 97, occ. invalid, widow, res. Belvidere, father David H Sackett b. Colchester, VT, mother Caroline Ames b. Colchester, VT."
- Register of Deaths of Volunteers, 1861–1865, United States Civil War, digital image, Ancestry.com, "Locke, Albert E, Serg, Co B, 95 Ill V, d. Reg Hospl, 25 Oct 1863, dysentery."
- 1870 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_257, p. 371A, Image 386, FHL Film 545756
Marengo, McHenry County, Illinois, 27 Jul 1870
Poyer, Myron, 46, farmer, real estate $13,900, personal estate $2,110, b. OH
Poyer, Emma, 27, keeping house, b. IL
Poyer, Clara, 19, b. IL
Poyer, John, 17, b. IL
Lock, Berta, 7, b. IL
Howe, Charles, 35, drover, b. OH.
- 1880 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 228, FHL Film 1254228, p. 197A, Enumeration District 142, Image 0653
Marengo, McHenry County, Illinois, 12 Jun 1880
Poyer, Myron, husband [head], 54, farmer, b. OH, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Poyer, Emma, wife, 39, keeping house, b. IL, father b. VT, mother b. VT
Locke, Alberta E, stepdau, 17, at home, b. IL, father b. VT, mother b. IL.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 321, p. 16B, Enumeration District 0162, FHL microfilm 1240321
West Church St, Marengo, McHenry County, Illinois, 16 Jun 1900
Poyer, Myron W, head, b. Jul 1825, 74, m. 34y, b. OH, father b. NY, mother b. OH, home owned free of mortgage
Poyer, Emma P, wife, b. Oct 1842, 57, m. 34y, b. IL, father b. VT, mother b. VT.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||21 February 2019|