Henry Samuel Sackett
|Father||Henry Samuel Sackett (1811-1885)|
|Mother||Martha Paterson (1816-1896)|
In 1841 Henry was living at 18 Marigold Ct, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, SurreyG, in the household of his parents Henry and Martha, and was recorded in the census as Henry Sackett, aged eight and born in Surrey.6
In 1851 he was living at 3 Castle Street, St George, Camberwell, SurreyG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a trimmer fellmonger, aged 15, born in Bermondsey, the son of Martha Sackett.7
In 1861 he was living at 38 Minto Street, Bermondsey, SurreyG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a fellmonger, head of household, married, aged 25, and born in Bermondsey. Living with him were his wife Isabella, aged 22, and also born in Bermondsey, and their children, Isabella (4), and Emma (6 months). Also in the household was a visitor, Mark Hale, a currier.8
Children of Henry Samuel Sackett and Isabella Ann Marr
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, "26 February 1837 Henry Samuel s. Henry Samuel Sackett (fellmonger) & Martha, of Paulin[?] Street, b. 18 August 1835."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1861. Sackett, Henry Samuel, 26. Bermondsey. 1d:93."
- Marriages Register, St Giles, Camberwell, Surrey, "25 December 1855 Henry Samuel Sackett, full age, bachelor, fellmonger, of Charles Street, Peckham, father Henry Samuel Sackett, fellmonger, & Isabella Ann Marr, full age, spinster, of Charles Street, Peckham, father Thomas Marr, parchment maker. Witnesses: Henry Samuel Sackett, M Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1855. Sackett, Henry Samuel. Camberwell. 1d:716."
- Marriages Register, St Peter's, Walworth, St Mary Newington, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "10 June 1867, Edward Roberts, 29, bachelor, mariner, of Brandon Street, father: William Roberts, hatter; and Isabella Ann Sackett, 28, widow, of Brandon Street, father: Thomas Marr (deceased), parchment maker. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: John Harris, Julia Roberts."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 18 Marigold Ct, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey
Henry Sackett [indexed as Lackett], 30, b. Surrey
Martha Sackett [indexed as Lackett], 28, b. Surrey
Hy Sackett [indexed as Lackett], 8, b. Surrey
James Sackett [indexed as Lackett], 6, b. Surrey
Ed: Sackett [indexed as Lackett], 4, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1047; Book: 7; Civil Parish: St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 12; Folio: 21; Page: 35; Line: 21; GSU roll: 474649. [Also researched at PRO by Marion Sackett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 3 Castle St., St. George, Camberwell, Surrey
Martha Sackett, wife, 33, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 15, trimmer felmonger, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
James Sackett, son, 13, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Edward Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
Samuel Sackett, son, 7, b. Surrey, Bermondsey
[illegible] Sackett, son, 7 months, b. Surrey, Camberwell
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/325/f8
38 Minto St., Bermondsey, Surrey
Henry Sackett, head, married, 25, fellmonger, b. Bermondsey
Isabella Sackett, wife, 22, b. Bermondsey
Isabella Sackett, dau, 4, scholar, b. Camberwell, Surrey
Emma Sackett, dau, 6 months, b. Bermondsey
Mark Hale, visitor, unm., 22, currier, b. Tring, Herts.
|Last Edited||29 November 2016|