Thomas Isaac Jarman
|Father||James Jarman (c 1775-1845)|
|Mother||Harriet Sackett (1780-1843)|
In 1841 Thomas was living at Frederick Place, St Lawrence in ThanetG, and was recorded in the census as Thomas Jarman, a labourer, aged 35 and born in Kent. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, 40, and Thomas's children by his first marriage, Sarah, 11, and Thomas, aged eight.10
In 1851 he was living at 6 Frederick PlaceG and was recorded as Thomas Jarman, a boatman, head of household, aged 45 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Elizabeth, 52, a laundress, their daughter Ann, 7, and Elizabeth's daughter Mary, 16, from her previous marriage.11
In 1861 he was living at Hereson, St Lawrence in ThanetG, and was recorded as Thomas Jarman, a mason's labourer, head of household, a widower, aged 54. His daughter Ann, 16, was living with him.12
Children of Thomas Isaac Jarman and Sarah Ann Stokes
Child of Thomas Isaac Jarman and Elizabeth Smith (Streaem) Hammond
- Ann Harris Jarman b. 1844
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (England Births and Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), "27 April 1806 Thomas Isaac Jarman s. James Jarman & Harriet."
- "England, Select Marriages, 1538-1973" (Ancestry transcript), St George, Ramsgate, Kent, "23 Aug 1829, Thomas Isaac Jarman and Sarah Ann Stokes."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1841. Jarman, Sarah Ann, 33. Isle of Thanet. 05:360."
- "England, Select Marriages, 1538-1973" (Ancestry transcript), St. Peter, Kent, "26 May 1841, Thomas Isaac Jarman, widowed, father James Jarman; and Elizabeth Hammon, widowed, father Thomas Streaem."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index" (Ancestry transcript), Jun qtr 1841. Jarman, Thomas Isaac. Thanet. 5:546.
Jun qtr 1841. Hammon, Elizabeth. Thanet. 5:546.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Dec qtr 1858. Jarman, Elizabeth Smith, 59. Isle of Thanet. 02A:421."
- "England Deaths & Burials 1538-1991" (Findmypast transcript), "Kent, 21 Oct 1858, Elizabeth Smith Jarman."
- 1841 England census
Class: HO107; Piece: 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 27; Page: 23; Line: 3; GSU roll: 306862
Frederick Place, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Jarman, 35, lab, b. Kent
Elizabeth Jarman, 40, b. Kent
Sarah Jarman, 11, b. Kent
Thomas Jarman, 8, b. Kent.
- 1851 England census
Class: HO107; Piece: 1630; Folio: 179; Page: 6; GSU roll: 193531
6 Frederick Place, St Lawrence, Ramsgate, Kent
Jarman, Thomas, head, 45, boatman, b. Ramsgate
Jarman, Elizabeth, wife, 52, laundress, b. Dover
Jarman, Ann, daughter, 7, scholar, b. St Lawrence
Hammond, Mary, daughter, 16, servant, b. St Peters.
- 1861 England census
Class: RG 9; Piece: 538; Folio: 83; Page: 16; GSU roll: 542657
Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Jarman, head, wid, 54, mason lab, b. Ramsgate
Ann H Jarman, daughter, 16, b. St Lawrence.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||15 May 2022|