|Mother||Martha Sackett (1853-1873)|
In 1881 William was living at the Isle of Thanet Union Workhouse, Minster in Thanet, KentG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a scholar, inmate, aged nine, and born in Margate. Also in the workhouse was Emma Sackett, aged 11, assumed to have been his sister.9
In 1901 he was living at the Avenue Hotel, 25 Shaftesbury Avenue, St James's, LondonG, and was recorded as William Sackett, head barman, single, aged 32 and born in Margate.10
In 1911 he was living at 31 Vespar Road, Shepherds Bush, LondonG, and was recorded as William Sackett, a hoist worker in a bakery, head of household, aged 40 and born in Margate. Living with him were his wife Florence, 33, and their children, William, 6, and Elsie, aged three months.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, William and Florence were living at 13 Gransden Road, Hammersmith, LondonG. William was a taxi driver. Their daughter Elsie was living with them.12
William's wife Florence left a will which was proved on 30 January 1951 by their daughter Elsie. Her estate was valued at £2,065.13
Children of William Sackett and Florence Deverelll
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1872. Sackett, William. [Mother not named: assume registered in mother's surname.] Thanet. 2a:782."
- 1939 Register.
- Marriages Register, St Mary's Bryanston Square, St Marylebone, Middlesex (IGI), "25 December 1903, William Sackett, 32, bachelor, manager at hotel, of 7 Durweston Mews, father: William Sackett, carpenter; and Florence Deverell, 26, spinster, of 7 Durweston Mews, father: William Deverell, stoker. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: William Deverell, Beatrice Maud Deverell, George Swingate?."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1903. Sackett, William. Marylebone. 1a:1225."
- Website England & Wales Birth Index (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Mar qtr 1878. Deverell, Florence. St Olave Southwark. 1d:232."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1951. Sackett, Florence, 72. Hammersmith."
- Probate record.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341233, PRO RG11/0983/126/5
Minster in Thanet, Kent
Isle of Thanet Union Workhouse, Minster
Emma Sackett, inmate, 11, b. Margate, Kent, scholar
William Sackett, inmate, 9, b. Margate, scholar.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 97/73
Avenue Hotel, 25 Shaftesbury Avenue, St James's, London
William Sackett, serv, single, 32, head barman, worker, b. Margate.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 31 Vespar Rd, Shepherds Bush, North Hammersmith, London
William Sackett, head, 40, married, 7y, 2 ch., both living, hoist worker, bakers, worker, b. Margate, Kent
Florence Sackett, wife, 33, home, b. Bermondsey, London
William F G Sackett, son, 6, b. Chelsea, London
Elsie F E Sackett, dau, 3 months, b. Shepherds Bush, London.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 13 Gransden Road, Hammersmith, London: RG101/0215E/015/35, William Sackett, b. 10 Apr 1872, married, taxi-cab driver; RG101/0215E/015/36, Florence Sackett, b. 18 Nov 1877, married, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0215E/015/37, Elsie F (Emma) Sackett, b. 6 Jan 1911, single, drapers assistant.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Florence of 19 Gransden-road Shepherds Bush London W12 (wife of William Sackett) died 5 January 1951 Probate London 30 January to Elsie Florence Emma Sackett spinster. Effects £2065 13s. 5d."
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||21 Feb 2019|