Victor Stanley Sackett
|Father||John Sackett (1854-1917)|
|Mother||Alice Matilda Coleman (c 1860-1936)|
In 1901 Victor was living at 17 & 19 Hare Street, WoolwichG, in the household of his parents John and Alice, and was recorded in the census as Victor S Sackett, aged six and born in Woolwich.6
In 1911 he was living at 17 and 19 Hare Street, WoolwichG, in the household of his parents John and Alice, and was recorded as Victor Stanley Sackett, an electrical student, aged 16 and born in Plumstead.7
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Victor was an electrical and mechanical draughtsman, living at Flat 22, Mulberry Close, GreenwichG, with his brother John and sister-in-law Ethel.8
Victor was awarded the British Empire Medal (civil division) in the Queen's Birthday Honours in 1957 for his services as Leading Draughtsman, Signals Research and Development Establishment, Ministry of Supply (Christchurch, Hampshire.)9
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Jun qtr 1894. Sackett, Victor Stanley. Mother: Coleman. Woolwich. 1d:1231."
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jun qtr 1974. Sackett, Victor Stanley, b. 22 Apr 1894. Greenwich. 12:1122."
- Register of Cremations, Eltham Crematorium, Greenwich, Kent (transcription, Deceased Online), "23 Apr 1974 Victor Stanley Sackett d. 11 Apr 1974."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 565/114
17 & 19 Hare Street
John Sackett, head, married, 47, ironmonger, employer, b. Woolwich
Alice M Sackett, wife, 39, at home, b. Sheerness, Kent
John E Sackett, son, 11, b. Woolwich
Victor S Sackett, son, 6, b. Woolwich.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, Piece 2865
17 and 19 Hare Street, Woolwich, London
John Sackett, head, 57, m. 23y, furnishing ironmonger, employer, b. Woolwich
Matilda Alice Sackett, wife, m. 23y, 2 ch, both living, 49, b. Sheerness
John Edward Sackett, son, 22, ironmonger's assistant, b. Woolwich
Victor Stanley Sackett, son, 16, electrical student, b. Plumstead.
- "1939 Register", digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Flat 22, Mulberry Close, Greenwich, London: RG101/0168A/010/9, John E Sackett, b. 16 Oct 1888, married, heating & ventilating eng.; RG101/0168A/010/10, Ethel O Sackett, b. 11 May 1887, married, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0168A/010/11, Victor S Sackett, b. 22 Apr 1894, single, draughtsman elect & mech.
- Website Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org), 1957 Birthday Honours.
|Sackett line||Great-grandson of John Sackett|
|Last Edited||9 Nov 2016|