Solomon Ashman Sackett1
|Father||Norman Sackett (1788-1834)|
|Mother||Mary Goudy (-1833)|
In 1860 Solomon was living in Decatur Township, Macon County, IllinoisG, and was recorded in the census as Ashman Sackett, a farmer, aged 29 and born in Ohio. His real estate was valued at $6,000 and personal estate at $450. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 24, son Homer, 2, and daughter Alice, aged 11 months.5
In 1880 he was living at West, McLean County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as A Sackett, a farmer, head of household, married, aged 50 and born in Ohio. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 45, and children, Alice, 21, Orange [Orrin], 11, and Edward, aged six. Also in the household were two male laborers.6
Children of Solomon Ashman Sackett and Sarah Morehouse
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Thurmon King's database, citing Bronson, p. 100A, "Solomon Ashman [Sackett], born March 7th 1830. Is living at Bloomington, Ill.
- Illinois Statewide Death Index, 1916-1950, "Sackett, Ashmun, 09/06/1914, Chicago, 84 yr, U 00016909, Cook."
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900, B/ 87 2706, "Sackett, Ashman/ Morehouse, Sarah, 11/25/1852, Morgan."
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Series M653, Roll 203, p 696
Decatur Twp, Macon Co., Illinois
13 July 1860
Ashman Sackett, 29, M, farmer, b. OH, $6000 R.E., $450 P.E.
Sarah Sackett, 24, F, b. NY
Homer Sackett, 2, M, b. IL
Allace Sackett, 11/12, F, b. IL.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, NA T9-0230/553A
West, McLean, Illinois
A. Sackett, head, male, married, 50, b. OH, farmer, father b. CT, mother b. Ireland
Sarah Sackett, wife, 45, b. NY, keeping house, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Alice Sackett, dau, single, 21, b. IL, at home, father b. OH, mother b. NY
Orange Sackett, son, 11, b. IL, at school, father b. OH, mother b. NY
Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. IL, at school, father b. OH, mother b. NY
Thomas Godsell, other, single, 20, b. Ireland, laborer, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
William Underwood, other, single, 19, b. KY, laborer, father b. KY, mother b. KY.
|See also||Bronson, History of Tallmadge|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||29 Mar 2010|