|Father||Norman Sackett (1788-1834)|
|Mother||Mary Goudy (-1833)|
In 1860 Ashman was living in Decatur Township, Macon County, IllinoisG, and was recorded in the census as Ashman Sackett, a farmer, aged 29 and born in Ohio. His real estate was valued at $6,000 and personal estate at $450. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 24, son Homer, 2, and daughter Alice, aged 11 months.4
In 1870 he was living in DecaturG and was recorded as Ashmon Sackett, a farmer, aged 40. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 35, and their children, Homer, 13, Alice, 11, and Orange (Orrin), aged one.5
In 1880 he was living at West, McLean County, IllinoisG, and was recorded as A Sackett, a farmer, head of household, married, aged 50 and born in Ohio. Living with him were his wife Sarah, 45, and children, Alice, 21, Orange [Orrin], 11, and Edward, aged six. Also in the household were two male laborers.6
Children of Ashman Sackett and Sarah Morehouse
Notes & Citations
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886, p 100A, "Solomon Ashman [Sackett], born March 7th 1830. Is living at Bloomington, Ill." [This is the only reference to "Solomon" as a first name. All other records have Ashman, Ashmon, or Ashmun.]
- Illinois Statewide Death Index, 1916-1950, "Sackett, Ashmun, 09/06/1914, Chicago, 84 yr, U 00016909, Cook."
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900, B/ 87 2706, "Sackett, Ashman/ Morehouse, Sarah, 11/25/1852, Morgan."
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Series M653, Roll 203, p 696
Decatur Twp, Macon Co., Illinois
13 July 1860
Ashman Sackett, 29, M, farmer, b. OH, $6000 R.E., $450 P.E.
Sarah Sackett, 24, F, b. NY
Homer Sackett, 2, M, b. IL
Allace Sackett, 11/12, F, b. IL.
- 1870 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll M593_249, p 376B, FHL film
Decatur, Macon, Illinois
Sackett, Ashmon, 40, farmer, real estate $2000, personal estate $1000, b. OH
Sackett, Sarah, 35, keeping house, b. NY
Sackett, Homer, 13, at home, b. IL
Sackett, Alice, 11, at home, b. IL
Sackett, Orange, 1, b. IL.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, NA T9-0230/553A
West, McLean, Illinois
A. Sackett, head, male, married, 50, b. OH, farmer, father b. CT, mother b. Ireland
Sarah Sackett, wife, 45, b. NY, keeping house, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Alice Sackett, dau, single, 21, b. IL, at home, father b. OH, mother b. NY
Orange Sackett, son, 11, b. IL, at school, father b. OH, mother b. NY
Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. IL, at school, father b. OH, mother b. NY
Thomas Godsell, other, single, 20, b. Ireland, laborer, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland
William Underwood, other, single, 19, b. KY, laborer, father b. KY, mother b. KY.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 19304|
Bronson, History of Tallmadge
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||16 Jul 2021|