George Edward Sackett
|Father||Augustus Russell Sackett1 (1810-)|
|Mother||Mary Haw1 (1818-1903)|
In 1881 George was living at Egremont, Grey South, OntarioG, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, a farmer, of Irish origin, married, aged 39, and born in Nova Scotia. Living with him were his wife Martha, and children Mary, 15, William, 12, and Arthur, aged four.6
In 1901 he was living at Egremont, Grey South, OntarioG, and was recorded as George Sackett, head of household, married, aged 58, born 19 April 1843. Living with him were his wife Eva, aged 47, and his mother Mary, aged 83.8
In 1911 he was living in EgremontG and was recorded as George Sackett, a merchant, head of household, married, aged 69, born April 1842 in the USA, immigrated to Canada 1852. Living with him was his wife Eva, 59. Also in the household was an 86-year-old male lodger. George's son William was living next door.10
Children of George Edward Sackett and Martha Anne Cochrane
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database.
- Death record.
- "Ontario, Canada, Marriages", digital image, Ancestry.com, "County of York, Division of Toronto. Sackett, George Edward, d. at 6 Afton Ave, 28 Feb 1921, cause bronchitis [..] of heart, widower, 78 yrs, b. Canton, Ohio, father Augustine Sackett, [mother blank], informant Wm Sackett, 6 Afton Ave, son, bur. [place blank] 2 Mar 1921."
- "Ontario, Canada, Marriages", digital image, Ancestry.com, "10 Dec 1862, at Northumberland and Durham County, Ontario, George Sackett, 21, of Darlington, b. New York, parents Augustus and Mary Sackett; to Martha Ann Cochrane, 21, of Darlington, b. Port Hope, parents Alex and Ann Cochrane. [Ancestry.com transcription; no image]."
- Email from Michael Osland to Arabella Sackett, 7 February 2005.
- 1881 Canada census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1375896 NA C-13260/154/E/3/36/158
Egremont, Grey South, Ontario
George SACKETT, married, Irish, 39, b. Nova Scotia, farmer, Baptist
Martha Anne SACKETT, married, Irish, 39, b. Ontario, Baptist
Mary A SACKETT, Irish, 15, b. Ontario, Baptist
William George SACKETT, Irish, 12, b. Ontario, Baptist
Arthur Rusell SACKETT, Irish, 4, b. Ontario, Baptist.
- "Ontario, Canada, Marriages", digital image, Ancestry.com, "21 Nov 1883, at Priceville, Grey County, Ontario, George Sackett, 41, of Egremont, b. US, widower, farmer, Protestant, parents Augustus & Mary Sackett; to Eva Jane Ernest, 31, of Egremont, b. Canada, widow of John Lapslic, Presbyterian, parents William & Mariah Ernest. License. Witnesses: Laughlin Brown, Euphemia McDougall, of Priceville."
- 1901 Canada census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, T-6470/66/d-2/11/106
Egremont, South Grey, Ontario
George Sackett, head, married, 58, b. 19 Apr 1843
Eva J Sackett, wife, 47, b. 18 Jan 1854
Mary Sackett, mother, 83, b. 17 Feb 1818.
- "Ontario, Canada, Deaths, 1869–1938", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Grey County, Division of Egremont. Sackett, Jane Eva, Canadian, d. at Concession 18, Lot 25, 30 Jul 1912, age 62, b. Darlington, 18 Jan [year not stated], housewife, widowed, father William Earnest b. York State, mother Maria Haw b. England, certified by George Sackett of Dromore, 31 Jul 1912, primary cause paralysis, immediate cause neuritis."
- 1911 Canada census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page 9, Family No: 101
Egremont, Grey (South), Ontario
Sackett, George, pt lot 25 con 18, head, married, b. Apr 1842, 69, USA, immigrated Canada 1852, origin English, Canadian national, Presbyterian, merchant
Sackett, Eva, wife, b. Jan 1852, 59, Ontario, origin English, Canadian national, Presbyterian
Atchison, Hugh, lodger, wid, b. Feb 1825, 86, Ireland, immigrated Canada 1851, origin Irish, Canadian national, Presbyterian, farmer ret.
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Last Edited||18 November 2013|