|Mother||Ann Sackett (say 1790-)|
In 1841 Frederick was living at Roussell Street, Lambeth, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Frederick Sackett, a cornfactor, aged 25 [rounded down] and born not in Surrey. Living with him were his wife Mary, 25, and children, Mary Ann, 2, and Frederick, aged one.7
In 1851 he was living at Barley Mow Brewery, Wyldes Rents, Bermondsey, SurreyG, and was recorded as Frederick Sackett, a retail brewer, head of household, married, aged 39 and born in Margate, Kent. Living with him were his wife Mary, 37, and children, Mary A, 12, Frederick, 11, and George, aged six. Also in the household was a female house servant.8
Frederick died intestate. Letters of administration of his estate were granted in the Prerogative Court of CanterburyG on 15 March 1853 to his widow Mary.9
In 1861 Frederick's widow Mary was living at Phoenix Brewery, Margate, KentG, in the household of her second husband William Goldsack, a brewer, and was recorded in the census as Mary Goldsack, wife of William Goldsack. Her age and birthplace were not given. Living with William and Mary were Mary's sons by her first marriage, Frederick Sackett (21), and George Sackett (16.)10
In 1871 she was living at 67 King Street, Margate, KentG, in the household of her husband Wiiliam Goldsack, a carpenter, and was recorded as Mary Goldsack, aged 57, and born in Ash. Living with William and Mary were her daughter Mary A Still, a widow, aged 31, and grandchildren, Charles Still (11) and Mary A Still (10.)11
Children of Frederick Sackett and Mary Culmer
Notes & Citations
- Father of Frederick John Lenham Sackett (GRO Index).
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "14 October 1812 Frederick s. Ann Sackett, b. 6 September."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1852. Sackett, Frederick, 39. Thanet. 2a:352."
- Burials Register, Zion Chapel, Margate, Kent, "27 July 1852 Frederick Sackett, London, 40 years, brain fever."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "28 January 1855 William Robins Goldsack, bachelor, 29, brewer, of King St., Margate, & Mary Sackett, widow, 40, of King St., Margate. Licence. Both signed. Fathers: Isaac Goldsack, builder; Daniel Culmer, gardener. Witnesses: Paul Ponstan? [or Saml Souton?], George Dixon."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1855. Sackett, Mary. Thanet."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roussell Street, Lambeth, Surrey
Frederick Sackett, 25, cornfactor, b. not Surrey
Mary Sackett, 25, b. not Surrey
Mary Ann Sackett, 2, b. Surrey
Frederick Sackett, 1, b. Surrey
HO107; Piece 1060; Book: 4; Civil Parish: Lambeth; County: Surrey; Enumeration District: 13; Folio: 21; Page: 4; Line: 7; GSU roll: 474654. [Indexed as Sachett].
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Barley Mow Brewery, Wyldes Rents, Bermondsey, Surrey
Frederick Sackett, head, married, 39, retail brewer, b. Kent, Margate
Mary Sackett, wife, 37, b. Kent, Ash
Mary A. Sackett, dau, 12, scholar, b. Lambeth
Fredk. Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Lambeth
Geo. Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Lambeth
Mary Rogers, serv., unmarried, 18, house servant, b. Kent, Chislet
- Letters of administration of the estate of Frederick Sackett of Margate, Kent, granted by the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 15 March 1853 (National Archives, PROB 6-229-325v).
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
Phoenix Brewery, Margate, Kent
William Goldsack, head, married, [age blank], brewer, [birthplace blank]
Mary Goldsack, wife, [age blank], [birthplace blank]
Frederick Sackett, son-in-law, unm., 21, carpenter, b. Lambeth, Surrey
George Sackett, son-in-law, 16, no occupation, b. Lambeth.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/992/f91v
67 King St., Margate, Kent
William Goldsack, head, married, 44, carpenter, b. Margate
Mary Goldsack, wife, 57, b. Ash, Kent
Mary A Still, stepdau, widow, 31, dressmaker, b. London
Charles Still, grandson, 11, scholar, b. London
Mary A Still, granddau, 10, scholar, b. London.
|Last Edited||29 November 2016|