Sarah Ann Sackett
|Father||Charles Sackett (1847-1901)|
|Mother||Esther Haradine (c 1840-1924)|
In 1881 Sarah was living at 6 Pleasant Place, Lambeth, SurreyG, in the household of her father Charles, a general labourer, and was recorded in the census as Sarah Sackett, a scholar, aged 14, and born in Kennington, Surrey.8
In 1891 she was living at 3 Rumsey Road, LambethG, in the household of her husband Thomas Wilkes, 28, a print compositor, and was recorded as Sarah A Wilkes, aged 23. Living with them were their children, Gwendolen, 3, Charles, 2, and Dorothy, aged one. Also in the household were a female servant and a male boarder.9
In 1901 she was living at 151 Stockwell Park Road, LambethG, and was recorded as Sarah A Wilkes, a widow, head of household, aged 33. Living with her were her children, Gwendoline, 13, Charles, 12, Dorothy, 10, Ethel, 8, Reginald, 4, and Thomas, aged two. There was also a male boarder in the household.10
In 1911 she was living at 6a Avenue Park Road, West Norwood, LondonG, and was recorded as Sarah Ann Wilkes, head of household, a widow, of private means. Living with her were her Wilkes children, Gwendoline, 23, Ethel, 19, Reginald, 14, and Thomas, aged 13, and her son Sylvester Quarde, aged six.11
Sarah left a will which was proved on 27 November 1944 by her daughter Gwendolen. The value of Sarah's estate was £90.12
Children of Sarah Ann Sackett and Thomas Henry Wilkes
Child of Sarah Ann Sackett
- Sylvester Ohene Quarde b. c 1904, d. 30 Sep 1981
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1867. Sacket, Sarah Ann. Mother: Harodine. Lambeth. 1d:399."
- Baptism, St Mary, Lambeth, Surrey (IGI), "9 February 1868 Sarah Ann d. Charles & Esther Sackett."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Sep qtr 1944. Wilkes, Sarah A, 77. St Albans. 3a:1112."
- Marriages Register, St John, Brixton, Surrey, "24 March 1886 Thomas Henry Wilkes, 23, bachelor, printer, of 3 Rumsey Road, father Thomas Peter Wilkes, printer, & Sarah Ann Sackett, 18, spinster, of same address, father Charles Sackett, wine cooper. Banns. Witnesses: Thomas Williams, Esther Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1886. Sackett, Sarah Anne. Lambeth. 1d:368."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341137, PRO RG11/0600/22/45
6 Pleasant Place
Charles Sackett, head, married, 37, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey, genl labr
Esther Sackett, wife, 38, b. Cambridge, England
Sarah Sackett, dau, 14, b. Kennington, Surrey, scholar
Esther Sackett, dau, 11, b. Kennington, scholar
Amelia Sackett, dau, 9, b. Kennington, scholar
Eliza Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kennington, scholar.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, piece 407, folio 45, p. 24, GSU roll 6095517
3 Rumsey Rd, Lambeth, London
Wilkes, Thomas H, head, 28, printer compositor, b. Lambeth
Wilkes, Sarah A, wife, 23, b. Lambeth
Wilkes, Gwendolen G, daughter, 3, b. Lambeth
Wilkes, Charles W, son, 2, b. Lambeth
Wilkes, Dorothy I, daughter, 1, b. Lambeth
Tonkin, William, boarder, widower, 39, clerk, b. Isle of Wight
Storing, Florence, servant, 16, domestic servant, b. Lambeth.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG13, piece 434, folio 82, p. 5
151 Stockwell Park Rd, Lambeth, London
Wilkes, Sarah A, head, widow, 33, b. Kennington, London
Wilkes, Gwendoline G, daughter, 13, b. Brixton
Wilkes, Charles W, son, 12, b. Brixton
Wilkes, Dorothy I, daughter, 10, b. Brixton
Wilkes, Ethel D, daughter, 8, b. Brixton
Wilkes, Reginald Jack, son, 4, b. Brixton
Wilkes, Thomas H, son, 2, b. Brixton
Reynolds, Frederick W, boarder, 21, private secretary, b. Cork, Ireland.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 2130
6a Avenue Park Road, West Norwood, Lambeth, London
Wilkes, Sarah Ann, head, 43, widowed, private means, b. London, Kennington
Wilkes, Gwendolen, daughter, 23, single, stenographer, b. London, Brixton
Wilkes, Ethel, daughter, 19, single, stenographer, b. London, Brixton
Wilkes, Reginald, son, 14, b. London, Brixton
Wilkes, Thomas, son, 13, b. London, Brixton
Quarde, Sylvester, son, 6, b. London, Streatham, African.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "WILKES Sarah Ann of 39 Upper Lattimore-road St. Albans Hertfordshire died 3 Sep 1944 at Oster House St. Albans Probate Llandudno 27 Nov to Gwendolen Gertrude Wilkes spinster. Effects £90 12s. 10d."
|Last Edited||19 Jun 2020|