Sylvester Ohene Quarde
|Mother||Sarah Ann Sackett (1867-1944)|
In 1911 Sylvester was living at 6a Avenue Park Road, West Norwood, LondonG, in the household of his mother Sarah Ann Wilkes, and was recorded in the census as Sylvester Quarde, aged six and born in Streatham.6
At the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939, Sylvester was an inmate at the Friern Hospital, New Southgate, MiddlesexG.7
Notes & Citations
- Birth certificate in possession of Lorna Macey.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Dec qtr 1981. Quarde, Sylvester Ohene, b. abt 1905. Hendon. 13:0461."
- Copy death certificate in possession of Lorna Macey, "Sylvester Ohene Quarde, d. 52 Friern Barnet Road, Friern Barnet, London Borough of Barnet, 30 Sep 1981, informant Sonia Love, causing the body to be buried, cause bronchopneumonia, senile dementia, schizophrenia, registered 2 Oct 1981 in the Registration District of Hendon."
- "UK, Burial and Cremation Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Sylvester Ohene Quardo, d. 30 Sep 1981, bur. Newham, London, 9 Oct 1981."
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 2130
6a Avenue Park Road, West Norwood, Lambeth, London
Wilkes, Sarah Ann, head, 43, widowed, private means, b. London, Kennington
Wilkes, Gwendolen, daughter, 23, single, stenographer, b. London, Brixton
Wilkes, Ethel, daughter, 19, single, stenographer, b. London, Brixton
Wilkes, Reginald, son, 14, b. London, Brixton
Wilkes, Thomas, son, 13, b. London, Brixton
Quarde, Sylvester, son, 6, b. London, Streatham, African.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Friern Hospital, New Southgate, N11, "Sylvester O Quards, b. 1905, inmate, single, occupation none."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||2 Apr 2021|