Captain James Joseph Sackett
|Father||James Joseph Sackett (say 1786-1830)|
|Mother||Ann Black (-c 1849)|
James Sackett was a Captain in the 4th Regiment of Connecticut Militia.
—Weygant, The Sacketts of America
Children of Captain James Joseph Sackett and Harriet Capes
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "4560. James J. Sackett, b. Oct. 22, 1812, d. Mar. 6, 1846; m. Harriet Capes."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, Stamford Advocate, 17 Mar 1846, "Sackett, James Capt, New York, of Stamford, died 14 Mar, age 36."
New Haven Palladium, "19 Mar 1846, New York, Sackett, Capt James, formerly of Bridgeport & late of Stamford, died 14 Mar, aged 36."
61:240, Bridgeport Republican Standard, 31 Mar 1846, "Sacket, James (Capt), New York, formerly of Bpt, died 14 Mar, age 36."
- American Antiquarian Society, "Newspaper Extractions from the Northeast, 1704–1930", digital image, Ancestry.com, Christian Intelligencer of the Reformed Dutch Church, New York, 8 Jan 1837, marriage, "At Williamsburgh, L.I., on Monday evening, the 26th ult., by the Rev. James Demarest, Mr. James Joseph Sackett of Bridgeport, Conn. to Miss Harriet Capes of the former place."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Daughter Harriet's marriage record.
- Death record.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 46:234, Inscription, New Woodland Cemetery, Stamford, Fairfield County, "Bell, Harriett Capes, wife of John Jay, born 30 Jul 1812, died 9 Nov 1888."
|Last Edited||29 September 2019|