Captain James Joseph Sackett
|Father||James Joseph Sackett (say 1786-1830)|
|Mother||Ann Black (-c 1849)|
James Sackett was a Captain in the 4th Regiment of Connecticut Militia.
4560. Capt. James Joseph Sackett, 1812–1846, of New York City and Bridgeport, Conn., son of (1867) James Joseph and Ann Blank Sackett, was married, Dec. 26, 1836, to Harriett Capes, 1812–1888, daughter of William Capes, 1784-1854, a ship builder of Hoboken, N. J., and New York City, and his wife Sally Brooks, 1792-1854. Capt. Sackett was interested in local military affairs. In New York City he was a member of National Greys, and after removing to Bridgeport, became captain of a company attached to the 4th Regiment of Connecticut Militia. He was buried with military honors. Mrs. Sackett was married, on March 22, 1855, to her second husband, John J. Bell, of Noroton, Conn.
7852. Ellen Louise Sackett, died young.
7853. Mary Wetmore Sackett, died unmarried in Feb., 1871.
7854. Harriett T. Arabella Sackett, m. William H. Orchard.
Children of Captain James Joseph Sackett and Harriet Capes
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "4560. James J. Sackett, b. Oct. 22, 1812, d. Mar. 6, 1846; m. Harriet Capes."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, Stamford Advocate, 17 Mar 1846, "Sackett, James Capt, New York, of Stamford, died 14 Mar, age 36."
New Haven Palladium, "19 Mar 1846, New York, Sackett, Capt James, formerly of Bridgeport & late of Stamford, died 14 Mar, aged 36."
61:240, Bridgeport Republican Standard, 31 Mar 1846, "Sacket, James (Capt), New York, formerly of Bpt, died 14 Mar, age 36."
- "Connecticut, Church Record Abstracts, 1630–1920", digital image, Ancestry.com, Stamford, First Congregational, "Sackett, James, d. 17 Mar 1846, age 36, in N. York. 4:161."
- American Antiquarian Society, "Newspaper Extractions from the Northeast, 1704–1930", digital image, Ancestry.com, Christian Intelligencer of the Reformed Dutch Church, New York, 8 Jan 1837, marriage, "At Williamsburgh, L.I., on Monday evening, the 26th ult., by the Rev. James Demarest, Mr. James Joseph Sackett of Bridgeport, Conn. to Miss Harriet Capes of the former place."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Daughter Harriet's marriage record.
- Death record.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 46:234, Inscription, New Woodland Cemetery, Stamford, Fairfield County, "Bell, Harriett Capes, wife of John Jay, born 30 Jul 1812, died 9 Nov 1888."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||1 Jun 2022|