Fred C Sackett
|Father||James Henry Sackett (1818-1910)|
In 1900 Fred was living at Ingham, Albion City, Calhoun County, MichiganG, and was recorded in the census as Fred C Sackett, a clerk in dry goods, head of household, 45 and born New York. Living with him were his wife Carrie, 42, and their children, William, 18, and Catherine, aged one. Fred's parents James and Aurelia were living next door.7
In 1930 Fred's widow Caroline was living at Michigan Avenue, AlbionG, in the household of her daughter Katharyn and son-in-law Howell Van Gorden, and was recorded in the census as Carrie M Sacket, aged 71 and born in Illinois.8
Children of Fred C Sackett and Caroline M "Carrie" Dorrance
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Email from Mary Sue (Van Gorden) Davis to Chris Sackett, January 2002.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952", digital image, Ancestry.com, "16 Nov 1880, at Albion, Calhoun County, Michigan, Fred C Sackett, 26, of Albion, b. Cayuga County, NY, salesman; to Carrie M Dorrance, 22, of Albion, b. Canton, Illinois. By George S Hickey, Minister of the Gospel. Witnesses: W A Savage, Hattie Savage, both of Litchfield."
- Marriage record.
- Website Find A Grave, date of birth based on age at death 72-7-19.
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 704, p. 9B
Ingham, Albion City, Ward 2, Calhoun, Michigan
Sackett, Fred C, head, b. Aug 1854, 45, m. 19y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, clerk in dry goods, owned house on mortgage
Sackett, Carrie M, wife, b. Jan 1858, 42, m. 19y, 2 ch, both living, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, William C, son, b. Mar 1882, 18, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. IL, clerk in grocery
Sackett, Cathern A, dau, b. Dec 1898, 1, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. IL.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 978, p. 12B, Enumeration District 0005, Image 148.0, FHL microfilm 2340713
Michigan Avenue, Albion, Calhoun County, Michigan, 11 Apr 1930
Van Gorden, Howell L, head, home owned, $6,000, 35, m. at 23, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI, druggist, own store, WW veteran
Van Gorden, Catherine S, wife, 33, m. at 21, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. IL
Van Gorden, Patricia G, dau, 11, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Van Gorden, Dorotha Bell, dau, 8, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sacket, Carrie M, mother-in-law, 71, wd, m. at 21, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
|See also||The Sacketts of America, 6354 |
Thurmon King's Database, 28278
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||12 Mar 2018|