Katharyn Aurelia Sackett
|Father||Fred C Sackett (1854-1929)|
|Mother||Caroline M "Carrie" Dorrance (1859-1931)|
In 1900 Katharyn was living at Ingham, Albion City, Calhoun County, MichiganG, in the household of her parents Fred and Carrie, and was recorded in the census as Cathern A Sackett, aged one and born in Michigan.6
In 1930 she was living at Michigan Avenue, AlbionG, in the household of her husband Howell L Van Gorden, 35, a druggist, and was recorded as Catherine S Van Gorden, aged 33 and born in Michigan. Living with them were their children, Patricia, 11, and Dorotha, 8; and Catherine (Katharyn's) mother Carrie Sackett, 71.7
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "9805. Katharyn Sackett."
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- "Michigan marriages 1868–1925", digital image, FamilySearch, "No 475, license 15 Jun 1918, Howell Louis Van Gorden, 23, of Albion, Mich, b. Eaton Rapids, Mich, druggist, 1st m., father Louis C Van Gorden, mother Belle C Howell; to Kathryn A Sackett, 20, of Albion, Mich, b. Albion, 1st m., father Fred C Sackett, mother Carrie Dorrance; m. 19 Jun 1918 at Albion, Mich, by Rev A E Cameron, Presb. Minister. Witnesses: F C Sackett, Belle C Van Gorden, both of Albion."
- Marriage record.
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 704, p. 9B
Ingham, Albion City, Ward 2, Calhoun, Michigan
Sackett, Fred C, head, b. Aug 1854, 45, m. 19y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, clerk in dry goods, owned house on mortgage
Sackett, Carrie M, wife, b. Jan 1858, 42, m. 19y, 2 ch, both living, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, William C, son, b. Mar 1882, 18, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. IL, clerk in grocery
Sackett, Cathern A, dau, b. Dec 1898, 1, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. IL.
- 1930 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 978, p. 12B, Enumeration District 0005, Image 148.0, FHL microfilm 2340713
Michigan Avenue, Albion, Calhoun County, Michigan, 11 Apr 1930
Van Gorden, Howell L, head, home owned, $6,000, 35, m. at 23, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI, druggist, own store, WW veteran
Van Gorden, Catherine S, wife, 33, m. at 21, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. IL
Van Gorden, Patricia G, dau, 11, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Van Gorden, Dorotha Bell, dau, 8, b. MI, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Sacket, Carrie M, mother-in-law, 71, wd, m. at 21, b. IL, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
|Last Edited||12 Dec 2015|