|Father||John Swinford (c 1788-)|
|Mother||Ann Sackett (1788-1829)|
Ann was named as a beneficiary in her grandfather John Sackett's will made in St John in ThanetG on 21 July 1831.4
Ann was named as a beneficiary in her grandmother Ann Hooper's will made in Margate, KentG, on 2 April 1840. She was left her large table cloth, pearl ornaments and monies.5
Ann was named as a beneficiary in her aunt Mary Sackett's will made in St John in Thanet, KentG, on 14 August 1855. She was left a sum of £800 and various personal items.6
Child of Ann Swinford and William Henry Thornton
- Mary Thornton b. 1852, d. Jun 1859
|Charts||Line 5 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptism, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (England Births and Christenings, LDS FamilySearch), film 1866679, "18 May 1827 Ann Swinford d. John Swinford & Ann."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1851. Swinford, Ann. Thanet I. 5:607."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1851. Thornton, William Henry. I of Thanet. 5:607."
- Will of John Sackett of St John's, Thanet, Kent, 21 July 1831, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 12 June 1834 (National Archives, PROB 11-1833-369).
- Will of Ann Sackett of Margate, Kent, 2 April 1840, proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 12 January 1842 (National Archives, PROB 11-1957-53).
- Will of Mary Sackett of St John's, Margate, Kent, 14 August 1855, proved in the Principal Probate Registry, 22 June 1863 (Somerset House Indexes, unknown reference).
|Sackett line||3rd great-granddaughter of Robert Sackett|
|Last Edited||10 February 2011|