Mary Catherine Sackett
|Father||Vincent Andrews Sackett (1793-1883)|
|Mother||Mary Browning (1789-1858)|
In 1851 Mary was living in the Hamlet of Northwood, St Peter's, Thanet, KentG, in the household of her parents Vincent and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Mary Sackett, unmarried, aged 23 and born in St Peter's. Living with her was her five-year-old daughter Julia.4
In 1861 she was living at Northwood, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of her husband George Taylor, a market gardener, and was recorded as Mary C Taylor, aged 35, and born in St Peter's. Living with George and Mary were her daughter Julia C Sackett, aged 15, their daughter Mary J M Taylor, aged one, and their son not yet named [later named George], aged three days.5
Child of Mary Catherine Sackett and Edward Cook
- Julia Catherine Cook Sackett+ b. 1 Sep 1845, d. 9 Jan 1924
Children of Mary Catherine Sackett and George Taylor
- Mary Jane Matilda Taylor b. 1859
- George Taylor b. 1861
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
John Jeremiah W Sackett & Julia Catherine Cook Sackett relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "14 August 1825 Mary Catharine d. Vincent & Mary Sackett, of Northwood, labourer."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1858. Sackett, Mary Catherine. Thanet."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Hamlet of Northwood, St. Peters, Kent
Vincent A. Sackett, head , married, 57, farmer, 15 acres, b. Kent, St. Peters
Mary Sackett, wife, 59, b. Kent, Stourmouth
Mary Sackett, dau, unmarried, 23, farmer's dau., b. Kent, St. Peters
Vincent Sackett, son, 13, scholar, farmer's son, b. Kent, St. Peters
Barzillai Sackett, son, 6, scholar, farmer's son, b. Kent, St. Peters
Julia Sackett, g-dau, 5, scholar, farmer's g-dau, b. Kent, St. Peters
Elizabeth Cox, niece, [marital status blank], 30, domestic, b. Kent, Canterbury
HO107; Piece: 1630; Folio: 56; Page: 11; GSU roll: 193531.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/538/f53v
Northwood, St Lawrence, Kent
George Taylor, head, married, 38, market gardener, b. St Lawrence, Kent
Mary C Taylor, wife, 35, b. St Peter's
Julia C Sackett, dau-in-law, 15, assistant, b. St Peter's
Mary J M Taylor, dau, 1, b. St Peter's
Infant not registered, son, 3 days, b. St Lawrence.
|Last Edited||5 April 2013|