|Father||Thomas Sackett (1777-1857)|
|Mother||Mary Ansell (c 1778-1872)|
William emigrated to America in about 1853 with his wife Ruth and their children Sarah and John. The family settled in New York where William continued his craft as a stone cutter, making gravestones.
In 1841 William was living at Hereson, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, in the household of his parents Thomas and Mary, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a mason, aged 19 and born in Kent.4
William was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Hereson, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, on 14 June 1844.5
In 1880 he was living in Glenville, Westchester County, New York StateG, and was recorded as William Sackett, a stone cutter, head of household, married, aged 59 and born in England. Living with him were his wife Ruth, also 59 and born in England, and their son George, a druggist, aged 19 and born in New York.6
Children of William Sackett and Ruth Ann Bevis
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate, "b. 23 April 1821, bp. 16 September 1821, William Sackett s. Thomas & Mary, St Lawrence Hereson, publically."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1847. Sackett, William. Westminster. 1:454."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1847. Bevis, Ruth Ann. Westminster. 1:454."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Sackett, 60, carpenter, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 60, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 30, b. Kent
Elizabeth Sackett, 20, b. Kent
William Sackett, 19, mason, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 34; Page: 36; Line: 17; GSU roll: 306862.
- Will of Thomas Sackett of Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent, 14 June 1844, proved at Canterbury, 7 August 1858 (Somerset House Indexes).
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254945, NA T9-0945/303D
Glenville, Westchester, New York
William Sackett, head, married, 59, b. England, stone cutter, father b. England, mother b. England
Ruth A. Sackett, wife, 59, b. England, keeping house, father b. England, mother b. England
George T. Sackett, son, single, 19, b. NY, druggist, father b. England, mother b. England.
|Last Edited||19 November 2008|