|Father||Thomas Sackett (1777-1857)|
|Mother||Mary Ansell (c 1778-1872)|
In 1841 Thomas was living at Hereson, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, next door to his father and was recorded in the census as Thomas Sackett, a mason, aged 30 and born in Kent. Living with him were his wife Harriett, also 30, son Stephen, aged one, and brother George, 15.4 [ages rounded down to nearest five years]
In 1851 he was living at Hereson, St Lawrence in ThanetG, and was recorded as Thomas Sackett, a stonemason, head of household, married, aged 43, and born at St. Lawrence. Living with him were his wife Harriet, aged 44, and also born at St. Lawrence, and their sons Stephen, 11, and Walter, aged six.5
Thomas was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Hereson, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, on 14 June 1844.6
Children of Thomas Sackett and Harriet Langridge
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Ebenezer Independent Chapel, Ramsgate, "b. 1 November 1807, bp. 9 December 1807, Thomas Sackett s. Thomas & Mary, St Lawrence, privately."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1838. Sackett, Thomas. Thanet. 5:649."
"Dec qtr 1838. Langridge, Harriet. Thanet. 5:649."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1630/f190v
Thomas SACKETT, head, married, 43, stone mason, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Harriet SACKETT, wife, 44, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Stephen J. SACKETT, son, 11, scholar, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Walter T. SACKETT, son, 6, scholar, b. Kent, St. Lawrence.
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Sackett, 30, mason, b. Kent
Harriett Sackett, 30, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 1, b. Kent
George Sackett, 15, mason ap., b. Kent
HO107; Piece 467; Book: 16; Civil Parish: St Lawrence; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 18; Folio: 34; Page: 36; Line: 17; GSU roll: 306862.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, Hereson, St.Lawrence, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 43, stone mason, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Harriet Sackett, wife, 44, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Stephen J. Sackett, son, 11, scholar, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
Walter T. Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Kent, St. Lawrence
- Will of Thomas Sackett of Hereson, St Lawrence, Kent, 14 June 1844, proved at Canterbury, 7 August 1858 (Somerset House Indexes).
|Last Edited||22 Jan 2009|