Homer Skiff Sackett
|Father||Homer Sacket (1801-1871)|
|Mother||Flora Skiff (1808-1859)|
Homer Sackett served from 1862 to 1865 as a Unionist soldier in the American Civil War. He enlisted in the 19th Connecticut Infantry, which subsequently became the 2nd Regiment, Connecticut Heavy Artillery. He was promoted to Sergeant in May 1865.8,9
In 1850 Homer was living in Warren, Litchfield CountyG, and was recorded in the census as Homer S Sackett, aged eleven and born in Connecticut. He was living with hiis parents Homer and Flora in the household of his grandparents Homer and Sarah.10
—Weygant, The Sacketts of America
Children of Homer Skiff Sackett and Charrie E Strong
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3940. Homer S. Sacket, b. Dec. 15, 1838; m. Charrie E. Strong."
- "Connecticut Deaths and Burials Index, 1650–1934", database, Ancestry.com, "Homer S Sackett, 61, d. 22 Dec 1899, bur. Old Cemetery."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:17, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Homer S, 3rd, (Co H 2nd Conn Vols Hvy Arty), died Dec 22, 1899, age 61 yrs, (GAR marker)."
- Inscription "Homer S Sackett 3rd died Dec 22nd 1899 aged 61 years / Member Co H 2nd CVHA." "Charrie E wife of H S Sackett / ... / aged 51 years."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, Danbury Times, 7 Jan 1891, "Sackett, Charrie (Mrs), Warren, died Dec, age 51."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, 51:17, Inscription, Old Cemetery, Warren, Litchfield County, "Sackett, Charrie E, wife of Homer S 3rd, died Dec 26, 1880 [sic: 1890], age 51 yrs."
- Website American Civil War database (National Park Service) (www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/index.html), "Sackett, Homer S, Union, 2nd Regiment, Connecticut Heavy Artillery."
- Record of Service of Connecticut Men in the Army and Navy of the United States during the War of the Rebellion, Press of The Case, Lockwood & Brainard Company, Hartford, Conn (1889), History of the Second Regiment CV Heavy Artillery, 202, Company H, Sergeants, "Sackett, Homer S, of Warren, enlisted Aug 6, '62, mustered Sep 11, '62, Must. Priv. Pro. Corp. Mch 16, '65; Sergt. May 23, '65. Disc. July 7, '65."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, Roll M432_43, p. 85
Warren, Litchfield, Connecticut
Sackett, Homer, 85, m, farmer, b. CT
Sackett, Sarah, 81, f, b. CT
Sackett, Homer Jr., 48, m, farmer, b. CT
Sackett, Flora, 42, f, b. CT
Sackett, Edward, 14, m, b. CT
Sackett, Homer S., 11, m, b. CT
Sackett, Augustine, 9, m, b. CT
Sackett, Flora J., 3, f, b. CT
Hogan, John, 22, m, laborer, b. IRE
Pratt, James, 21, m, laborer, b. IRE
Kerney, Margaret, 18, f, b. IRE.
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American) (#1)|
Line 3a (American) (#2)
Homer Skiff Sackett & Charrie E Strong relationship chart
Descendants of Homer Sackett
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||11 Feb 2015|