Emily Sibyl Sackett
|Father||Justus Sackett (1784-1846)|
|Mother||Mary "Polly" Bradley (-1867)|
Emily was a member of the Congregational Church, Warren, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, in 1845.8
In 1850 Emily was living in Cornwall, Litchfield CountyG, in the household of her husband James, 36, a farmer, and was recorded in the census as Emily Comstock, aged 33. Living with them were their children, Silia, 8, and Justus, aged six months.9
In 1860 she was living in WarrenG in the household of her husband Henry, 46, a farmer, and was recorded as Emily S Comstock, aged 43. Living with them were their children, Silia, 18, and Justus, aged ten, and Emily's mother Polly Sackett, 73.10
In 1880 she was living in WarrenG in the household of her husband James, 66, a farmer, and was recorded as Emily Comstock, aged 63.11
Children of Emily Sibyl Sackett and Henry James Comstock
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Sacketts of America has b. 26 January 1817; Comstock Genealogy has 22 June 1817.
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3752. Emily S. Sacket, b. Jan. 26, 1817, d. Feb. 22, 1882; m. James H. Comstock."
- C B Comstock, Some descendants of Samuel Comstock of Providence, R.I., who died about 1660, The Knickerbocker Press, New York (1905), "He [James Henry Comstock] m. Emily Sybil Sackett, b. 1817, June 22, Warren, Ct.; d. 1862, Feb. 26, Warren, Ct."
- Sacketts of America has d. 22 February 1882; Comstock Genealogy has 26 February 1862.
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Comstock, Emily Sackett, wife of Henry J., died Feb 26, 1882, age 65 years."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Emily S., of Warren, m. James H. Comstock, of Ohio, Oct. 1, 1840, by Rev. Harlay Goodwin. Warren Vital Records, 1:17."
- C B Comstock, Some descendants of Samuel Comstock of Providence, R.I., who died about 1660, The Knickerbocker Press, New York (1905).
- Lucy Sackett Curtiss, The Congregational Church, Warren, Connecticut, 1756–1956 (1956), 80, "When the ladies of the church ripped open the cover of the pulpit cushion, they found [a paper which read:] "In the year of our Lord 1845, under the presidency of James K. Polk, and the Governorship of Roger S. Baldwin, and in the second year of the pastorate of Rev. John R. Keep, the ladies of Warren observed that the pulpit cushion, under the influence of twenty-five years of sound orthodox preaching, had, in the language of our predecessors, 'turned to rags'. ... On Thursday, the 7th of August, assembled, for the purpose of recovering the cushion, Mrs. Jane Sackett Hine, Mrs. Emily Sackett Comstock, Misses Laura Taylor, Lucy C. Sackett [and 5 others] ...."
- 1850 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll M432_43, p. 19B, Image 268
Cornwall, Litchfield Connecticut, 12 Aug 1850
Comstock, James H, 36, farmer, real estate $2,100, b. CT
Comstock, Emily, 33, b. CT
Comstock, Silian J, 8, b. CT
Comstock, Justus, 6m, b. CT
Hollock, James P, 18, laborer, b. CT
Gaylord, Harriet, 18, b. CT.
- 1860 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll M653_81, p. 326, Image 333, FHL Film 803081
Warren, Litchfield, Connecticut, 30 Jun 1860
Henry Comstock, 46, farmer, real estate $5,000, personal estate $1,600, b. MA
Emily S Comstock, 43, b. CT
Silia J Comstock, 18, b. MA
Justus S Comstock, 10, b. CT
Polly Sackett, 73, b. CT
Kate Weth?, 24, teacher common schools, b. CT.
- 1880 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 101, Family History Film 1254101, p. 330A, Enumeration District 018, Image 0360
Warren, Litchfield, Connecticut, 10-11 Jun 1880
Comstock, James H, 66, [head], farmer, disability sore hand, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Comstock, Emily, 63, wife, keeping house, b. CT, father b. CT, mother b. CT
McWilliams, Patrick, 40, laborer, b. Ireland, father b. Ire, mother b. Ire.
|Last Edited||9 February 2015|