Timothy Patrick Sackett
|Father||Henry Sackett (1871-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Kelly (1870-1938)|
In 1901 Timothy was living at 5 Anthony Street, Bermondsey, LondonG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Timothy Sackett, aged eight, and born in Rotherhithe.11
In 1911 he was living at 40 Janeway Street, BermondseyG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded as Timothy Sackett, a sawyer in a timber merchants, aged 17 and born in Rotherhithe.12
Timothy served in the First World War as a driver in the Royal Field Artillery and was awarded the British and Victory medals.13,14
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Timothy and Matilda were living at 66 St James Road, Bermondsey, LondonG. Timothy was a greengrocer. Their sons, Henry and Francis, and Henry's wife Beatrice were living with them.15
Timothy died intestate. Letters of administration of his estate were granted on 14 January 1958 to his widow Matilda. The estate was valued at £906.16
Children of Timothy Patrick Sackett and Matilda Louisa Le Beau
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1893. Sackett, Timothy. Mother: Kelly. St Olave. 1d:311."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1957. Sackett, Timothy, 64. Bermondsey."
- Emails from Rita Sackett to Chris Sackett, December 2004.
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1915. Sackett, Timothy. Spouse: Le Beau. St Olave. 1d:531."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1915. Le Beau, Matilda L. Spouse: Sackett. St Olave. 1d:531."
- Marriages Register, St James, Bermondsey, Middlesex, digital image, Ancestry.com, "7 Nov 1915, Timothy Sackett, 22, bachelor, wood? worker, of 30 Storks? Road, father Henry Sackett, labourer, (deceased); to Matilda Louisa Le Beau, 19, spinster, cocoa dresser, of 30 Storks? Road, father Arthur William Le Beau, lighterman. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Edward Clark, Rosa Gowar."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1896. Lebeau, Matilda Louisa. Mother: Brice. St Olave Southwark. 1d:205."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Sep qtr 1971. Sackett, Matilda Louisa, b. 2 Feb 1896. Southwark. 5E:52."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 392/129v
5 Anthony Street (3 rooms)
Henry Sackett, head, married, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Rotherhithe, London
Annie Sackett, wife, 31, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 10, b. Rotherhithe, London
Timothy Sackett, son, 8, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Rotherhithe
Frances Sackett, dau, 4, b. Rotherhithe.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 40 Janeway Street, Bermondsey, London
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married, dock labourer, unloading cargo, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, wife, 40, m. 21y, 9 ch, all living, sack mender, contractors, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 20, single, occ: none, b. Rotherhithe
Timothy Sackett, son, 17, sawyer, timber merchants, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 15, tin worker, tin maker, b. Rotherhithe
George Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Bermondsey
Joseph Sackett, son, 9, school, b. Bermondsey
John Sackett, son, 7, school, b. Bermondsey
Tom Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Mary Sackett, dau, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Annie Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey
Mary Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey.
- National Archives, "British Army World War I medal rolls index cards", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Timothy Sackett, Royal Field Artillery, regtl no 944601, rank Dvr, Victory medal, British medal."
- "British Army WW1 Service Records, 1914–1920", digital image, Ancestry.com, Protection Certificate, "Sackett, Timothey [sic], regtl no 944601, rank Gr, record office Woolwich, unit 1SUB WRA?, regt RFA, address for pay 92 Jamaica Rd, SE, theatre WC?, born 1893, medical category A, place of rejoining in emergency Charlton Pk, specialist military qualification GCF, Dispersal Unit 24 Sep 1919 Crystal Palace."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 66 St James Road, Bermondsey, London: RG101/0043B/002/1, Timothy Sackett, b. 7 May 1893, married, shopkeeper greengrocery; RG101/0043B/002/2, Matilda L Sackett, b. 3 Feb 1896, married, unpaid domestic duties; Francis R Sackett, b. 17 May 1922, single, fruit salesman; Henry A Sackett, b. 4 Jan 1916, married, fruit salesman; RG101/0043B/002/5, Beatrice L Sackett, b. 15 Nov 1912, married, factory worker tinned foods; RG101/0043B/002/6, Robert T Hunt, b. 1908, married, chemistry salesman.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Timothy of 66 St. James Road London S.E.16 died 13 July 1957 Administration London 14 January  to Matilda Louise Sackett widow. Effects £906 4s. 9d."
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||28 April 2019|