|Father||Francis George Sackett (1850-1897)|
|Mother||Emma (Oyling) Parry (1848-1914)|
In 1881 Henry was living at 16 Mary Street, RotherhitheG, and was recorded in the census as Henry Sackett, a scholar, aged 11, and born in Rotherhithe, the son of Frank Sackett.9
In 1891 he was living at 84 Adam Street, RotherhitheG, in the household of his parents Francis and Emma, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a deal [timber?] porter, married, aged 22, and born in Rotherhithe. Also in the household was a 22-year-old Mrs Sackett, assumed to have been his wife Annie.10
In 1901 he was living at 5 Anthony Street, BermondseyG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, head of household, married, aged 31, a dock labourer, and born in Rotherhithe. Living with him were his wife Annie, aged 31, and his children, Henry, 10, Timothy, 8, Annie, 6, and Frances, aged four.11
In 1911 he was living at 40 Janeway Street, BermondseyG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a dock labourer, head of household, aged 42 and born in Rotherhithe. Living with him were his wife Annie, 40, and their children, Henry, 20, Timothy, 17, Annie, 15, George, 11, Joseph, 9, John, 7, and twins Tom and Mary, aged five. There were also two boarders in the household.12
Children of Henry Sackett and Annie Kelly
- Henry Sackett+ b. 21 Mar 1891, d. 1956
- Timothy Patrick Sackett+ b. 7 May 1893, d. 13 Jul 1957
- Annie Sackett b. 1895, d. 15 Dec 1916
- Francis "Frank" Sackett b. 19 Aug 1897, d. 6 Jul 1956
- George William Sackett+ b. 25 Aug 1899, d. 18 Sep 1982
- Joseph Sackett+ b. 18 May 1901, d. 1957
- John Sackett b. 20 Jun 1904, d. 14 Jun 1965
- Mary Sackett+ b. 10 May 1906, d. 30 Jan 1987
- Thomas Sackett b. 10 May 1906, d. 25 Feb 1966
Notes & Citations
- Emails from Rita Sackett to Chris Sackett, December 2004.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), Birth record in GRO index not found.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1913. Sackett, Henry, 41. St Olave."
- Memorial card for the funeral of Henry Sackett at Plaistow Cemetery, 24 October 1913 (Jane Harnden) "In Ever Loving Memory/ OF/ Henry Sackett/ Who passed away 24 October 1913/ Aged 41 years/ Interred at Plaistow Cemetery/ In Grave No [blank]/ F A Albin, Undertaker, 62 Jamaica Road, Bermondsey."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1890. Sackett, Henry. St Saviour. 1d:205."
- Copy marriage certificate of Henry Sackett and Annie Kelly, married 9 March 1890 in the Registration District of St Saviour London,.
- Marriages Register, St John the Evangelist, Walworth, Surrey (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "9 March 1890, Henry Sackett, 20, bachelor, deal porter, of 7 Pronti Place, father: Francis Sackett, deal porter; and Annie Kelly, 21, spinster, of 11 Pronti Place, father: Timothy Kelly, book binder. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Thomas Barnett, Margaret Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1938. Sackett, Annie, 67. Bermondsey."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341132, PRO RG11/0579/20/34
No 16 Mary St
Frank SACKETT, head, married, 33, b. Bermondsey, Surrey, laborer in chicory mills
Emma SACKETT, wife, 33, b. Alton, Hampshire
Henry SACKETT, son, 11, b. Rotherhithe, Surrey, scholar.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/381
84 Adam St, Rotherhithe, Surrey
Francis Sackett, head, married, 40, dock lab (employed), b. Rotherhithe
Emma Sackett, wife, 42, b. Rotherhithe
Henry Sackett, son, married, 22, deal porter (employed), b. Rotherhithe
William Sackett, son, married, 29, b. Rotherhithe ["nephew wife" crossed out; age in both M & F columns]
Alice Sackett, dau, 24, b. Rotherhithe
Alice Sackett, gdau, 2, b. Rotherhithe ["24" crossed out in M column]
["Wm" crossed out] Mrs Sackett, dau-in-law, 22, b. Rotherhithe.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 392/129v
5 Anthony Street (3 rooms)
Henry Sackett, head, married, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Rotherhithe, London
Annie Sackett, wife, 31, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 10, b. Rotherhithe, London
Timothy Sackett, son, 8, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Rotherhithe
Frances Sackett, dau, 4, b. Rotherhithe.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 40 Janeway Street, Bermondsey, London
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married, dock labourer, unloading cargo, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, wife, 40, m. 21y, 9 ch, all living, sack mender, contractors, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 20, single, occ: none, b. Rotherhithe
Timothy Sackett, son, 17, sawyer, timber merchants, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 15, tin worker, tin maker, b. Rotherhithe
George Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Bermondsey
Joseph Sackett, son, 9, school, b. Bermondsey
John Sackett, son, 7, school, b. Bermondsey
Tom Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Mary Sackett, dau, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Annie Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey
Mary Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2016|