John Edward Sackett
|Father||John Fegen Sackett (1846-1886)|
|Mother||Sarah Johnson Taylor (c 1847-1908)|
John was recorded as a milkman when he married in April 1889.
In 1881 John was living at Ada Cottage, Farley Place, Ramsgate, KentG, in the household of his parents John and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as John E Sackett, a tailor, aged 16 and born in Ramsgate.7
In 1911 he was living at 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, Glamorgan, WalesG, and was recorded as John E Sackett, a colliery labourer (below ground), head of household, aged 46 and born in Ramsgate. Living with him were his wife Agnes, 44, and their children, Archibald, 21, Mary, 15, Agnes, 12, John, 9, Lottie, 6, and Nelly, aged four.8
Children of John Edward Sackett and Agnes Burnside
- Archibald Albert Sackett+ b. 15 Oct 1889, d. 1964
- Edith Blanche Sackett+ b. 31 Jul 1891
- Lily Amelia Sackett b. 22 Aug 1893, d. 1940
- Mary Jeanette Clara Sackett+ b. 20 Aug 1895, d. 1978
- Frank Sackett b. 1897, d. 1898
- Agnes Sarah Sackett b. 26 Dec 1898
- Jessie Sackett b. 20 Jan 1901, d. 1902
- John Fegen Sackett+ b. 16 Nov 1902, d. 1958
- Charlotte Sarah "Lottie" Sackett b. 1905
- Ellen Ruth "Nelly" Sackett b. 1907
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Descendants of John Edward Sackett
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1865. Sackett, John Edward. Mother: Taylor. Thanet. 2a:725."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1930. Sackett, John E, 65. Pontypridd."
- Marriages Register, Christ Church, Ramsgate, Kent, "28 April 1889 John Edward Sackett, 24, bachelor, milkman, of 15 Cross Street, & Agnes Burnside, 23, spinster, of 15 Cross Street. Fathers: John Fagin Sackett, dec'd, tailor; Archibald Burnside, baker. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Charles Williams, Ellen Harvey."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1889. Sackett, John Edward. Thanet."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1936. Sackett, Agnes, 69. Bromley."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341235, PRO RG11/0988/100/31
Ada Cott Farley Place
John F. SACKETT, head, married, 34, b. Ramsgate, Kent, tailor
Sarah J. SACKETT, wife, 34, b. Ramsgate
John E. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 16, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Sarah E. SACKETT, dau, 14, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Ellen R. SACKETT, dau, 11, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Robert G. SACKETT, son, 5, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Judith J. SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Amelia B. SACKETT, dau, 2 months, b. Ramsgate, tailor
Ebenezer IGGLESDEN, lodger, married, 67, b. Dover, Kent, gentleman, invalid.
- 1911 Wales census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, Glamorgan
John E Sackett, head, 46, married, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
Agnes Sackett, wife, 44, m. 21y, 10 ch, 8 living, b. London, Battersea
Archibald Sackett, son, 21, single, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
[Struck through: "Edith Sackett, dau, 19, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
[Struck through: "Lily Sackett, dau, 17, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
Mary Sackett, dau, 15, at home, b. Greenwich
Agnes Sackett, dau, 12, b. Greenwich
Lottie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Greenwich
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Greenwich
Nelly Sackett, dau, 4, b. Greenwich.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||31 March 2019|