John Fegen Sackett
|Father||John Edward Sackett (1865-1930)|
|Mother||Agnes Burnside (c 1866-1936)|
John attended Randall Place School, Greenwich, LondonG, from 30 April 1906. The family were then living at 15 Billingsgate Street. He left on 22 May 1908 when the family left the district.9
In 1911 John was living at 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, GlamorganG, in the household of his parents John and Agnes, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, aged nine and born in Greenwich.10
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, John and Eunice were living at Under 21 Bronllwyn Road, Gelli, Rhondda, GlamorganG. John was an unemployed coal miner.11
Children of John Fegen Sackett and Eunice Davies
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1902. Sackett, John Fegan. Mother: Burnside. Greenwich. 1d:1081."
- 1939 Register has 19 Nov 1902.
- Baptisms Register, Christ Church, Greenwich, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "18 Jun 1903 John Fegen Sackett, b. 16 Nov 1902, s. John Edward & Agnes Sackett, 4 Haddo St, W Greenwich, labourer."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1958. Sackett, John T[?], 56. Pontypridd."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1924. Sackett, John F. Spouse: Davies. Pontypridd. 11a:1294."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1924. Davies, Eunice. Spouse: Sackett. Pontypridd. 11a:1294."
- 1939 Register has 7 May 1904.
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Jun 1993. Sackett, Eunice, b. 17 May 1905. Pontypridd. 8624B:B68:009:693."
- "London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840–1911", digital image, Ancestry.com, Randall Place School, Greenwich, "adm no 1854, 30 Apr 1906, John Sackett, parents/guardian: John, of 15 Billingsgate St, b. 16 Nov 1902, last sch: no school, date left 22 May 1908, remarks: left district."
- 1911 Wales census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 97 Gelli Court, Pentre, Rhondda, Glamorgan
John E Sackett, head, 46, married, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
Agnes Sackett, wife, 44, m. 21y, 10 ch, 8 living, b. London, Battersea
Archibald Sackett, son, 21, single, colliery labourer (below ground), b. Kent, Ramsgate
[Struck through: "Edith Sackett, dau, 19, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
[Struck through: "Lily Sackett, dau, 17, in London, b. London, Greenwich"]
Mary Sackett, dau, 15, at home, b. Greenwich
Agnes Sackett, dau, 12, b. Greenwich
Lottie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Greenwich
John Sackett, son, 9, b. Greenwich
Nelly Sackett, dau, 4, b. Greenwich.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Under 21 Bronllwyn Road, Gelli, Rhondda U D, Glamorganshire, Wales: John Sackett, b. 19 Nov 1902, married, colliery hewer unemployed; Eunice Sackett, b. 7 May 1904, married, unpaid domestic duties.
|See also||John Edward Sackett gallery|
|Charts||Descendants of John Edward Sackett|
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||11 Feb 2019|