Cecil Howie Robertson
|Father||John Adam Robertson (c 1869-)|
|Mother||Ada Eliza Sackett (1870-)|
Cecil was admitted, aged six, to the Manchester Street School, Camden, LondonG, on 29 October 1898, having previously attended the Ainwell Street School. The family was then living at 45 Swinton Street.5
In 1911 Cecil was living at 56B Ufford Street, Waterloo, Lambeth, LondonG, in the household of his widowed mother Ada, and was recorded in the census as Cecil H Robertson, an apprentice in a printing and stationery business, aged 18 and born in West Hackney.6
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1892. Robertson, Cecil Howie. Mother: Sackett. Hackney. 1b:487."
- Baptisms Register, St Jude, Grays Inn Road, Camden, London (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "10 Feb 1897, Cecil Howie Robertson, b. 17 July 1892, s. of John Howie & Ada Robertson, of 45 Swinton St, cellar-man."
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Robertson Cecil Howie of 56f Ufford-street Blackfriars Surrey died 8 June 1916 in Northern France on active service Administration (with Will) London 18 August to Catherine Ann Gordon spinster. Effects £92 11s. 10d."
- Website UK Soldiers died in the Great War 1914–1919 (Ancestry.co.uk) (http://www.ancestry.co.uk), "Cecil Howie Robertson, b. Hoxton, Middx, res. Blackfriars, Surrey, d. 8 Jun 1916 at France & Flanders, enlisted Lambeth, Surrey, rank Private, Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment), 11th Battalion, no. G/11408, killed in action, Western European Theatre."
- "London, England, School Admissions and Discharges, 1840–1911", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Manchester Street School, Camden, adm no 733, 29 Oct 1898, Cecil Robertson, b. 17 Jul 1892, parent: Ada, of 45 Swinton Street, last sch: Ainwell Street."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 1952
56B Ufford Street, Waterloo, Lambeth, SE
Ada Hill, head/wife, 41, widow, 5 ch, all living, showroom cleaning (part-time), b. Ramsgate, Kent
F Reginald Hill, son, 8, b. London, Islington, Scottish father
Elizabeth M Hill, dau, 7, b. London, Holborn, Scottish father
Cecil H Robertson, son, 18, single, apprentice Modern business devisers Printers Stationers &c, worker, b. London, West Hackney, Scottish father
Florrie A Robertson, dau, 16, single, learner & messenger, theatrical costume & boot manufacture, worker, b. London, Grays Inn Lane, Scottish father.
|Last Edited||29 August 2019|