Arthur Digerson Sackett
|Father||Arthur Digerson Sackett (1865-1947)|
|Mother||Florence Sackett (1873-1946)|
In 1901 Arthur was living at Terncot, Ellington Road, Ramsgate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Arthur D Sackett, aged 1 and born in Ramsgate, son of Arthur D Sackett.10
In 1911 he was living at 16 Chapel Place, RamsgateG, in the household of his parents Arthur and Florence, and was recorded as Arthur Sackett, a schoolboy, aged eleven and born in Ramsgate.11
Arthur joined the Amalgamated Society of Carpenters, Cabinetmakers & Joiners on 29 January 1918.12
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Arthur and Olive were living at 62 Manston Road, RamsgateG. Arthur was a monumental mason. Their daughters, Joan and Barbara were living with them.13
Arthur and his sister Florence proved their father Arthur's will on 13 April 1948. His estate was valued at £924.14
Children of Arthur Digerson Sackett and Olive Mary Slocombe
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "14 December 1899 Arthur Digerson s. Arthur Digerson, monumental mason of Kingsdown House, Grove Road, & Florence Sackett."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1899. Sackett, Arthur Digerson. Mother: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:972."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "14 December 1899 Arthur Digerson s. Arthur Digerson & Florence Sackett, Kingsdown House, Grove Road, monumental mason."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Dec qtr 1978. Sackett, Arthur Digerson, b. 19 Oct 1899. Thanet. 16:1852."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1932. Sackett, Arthur D. Spouse: Slocombe. Shepton M. 5c:848."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1932. Slocombe, Olive M. Spouse: Sackett. Shepton M. 5c:848."
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1902. Slocombe, Olive Mary. Mother: Blackman. Axbridge. 5c:423."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Mar 1986. Sackett, Olive Mary, b. 23 Sep 1902. Thanet. 16:2207:386."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 826/169
Terncot, Ellington Road, Ramsgate (Christchurch) (5+ rooms)
Arthur D SACKETT, head, married, 36, monumental mason, employer, b. Ramsgate
Florence SACKETT, wife, 27, b. Ramsgate
Arthur D SACKETT, son, 1, b. Ramsgate
Mary A SACKETT, mother, widow, 71, living on own means, b. Ramsgate.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 16 Chapel Place, Ramsgate, Kent
Arthur D Sackett, head, 45, married, stone mason, employer, b. Ramsgate
Florence Sackett, wife, 36, m. 12y, 3 ch, 2 living, b. Ramsgate
Arthur Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Ramsgate
Florence Sackett, dau, 8, school, b. Broadstairs.
- "Britain, Trade Union membership registers", digital image, Findmypast, Sackett, Arthur D, admitted Amalgamated Society of Carpenters, Cabinetmakers & Joiners, Port Glasgow 1 branch, 29 Jan 1918, age 18y 3m, single.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 62 Manston Road, Ramsgate M B, Kent: RG101/1767D/009/5, Arthur D Sackett, b. 19 Oct 1899, married, monumental & general mason; RG101/1767D/009/6, Olive M Sackett, b. 23 Sep 1902, married, unpaid domestic duties; Joan M Sackett, b. 21 Mar 1933, at school; Barbara A Sackett (later Biddulph), b. 8 Jul 1934, at school.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Arthur Digerson of 62 Manston-road Ramsgate died 20 December 1947 at Brennan Nursing Home Ramsgate Probate London 13 April 1948 to Arthur Digerson Sackett stonemason and Florence Mary Bird Sackett spinster. Effects £924."
|Last Edited||7 November 2016|