|Father||William Sacket (1762-1847)|
|Mother||Olive Dean (1766-1845)|
Marvin was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in Lowville, Lewis County, New York StateG.5
In 1830 he was a householder in Turin, Lewis CountyG.6
In 1840 he was a householder in Ohio, Herkimer County, New York StateG.7
Marvin's wife Polly was named as a beneficiary in her father's will made in WestfieldG on 10 February 1841 and proved at the Springfield Probate Court on 1 March 1842. She was left a sum of $5.8
In 1850 Marvin was living in West Turin, Lewis County, New York StateG, and was recorded in the census as Marvin Sacket, a farmer, aged 54. Living with him were his wife Polly, 49, and their son Byron, aged twelve.9
In 1855 he was living in Lewis, New York StateG, and was recorded as Marvin Sackett, a laborer, aged 53. His wife Polly, aged 51, was living with him. They had lived in Lewis County for seven years. Their son James was at the neighboring property and son Horace was nearby.10
1563. Marvin Sacket, ___-___, of Jefferson County, N. Y., son of (674) William and Olive Dean Sacket.
4026. James A. Sacket.
Children of Marvin Sacket and Polly Nelson
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1563. Marvin Sacket."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:51.
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Birth and Death Records (Dougherty abstracts)" (American Ancestors transcript), "Sacket, Marvin, s. William Jr. & Olive Dean, b. Oct. 16, 1796."
- "Suffield, CT: Church Records, 1710-1836" (American Ancestors transcript), marriage, "17 Feb 1818, Marvin Sackett & Polly Nelson."
- 1820 United States census
"Marvin Sacket, Lowville, Lewis County, New York State."
- 1830 United States census
"Marvin Sacket, Turin, Lewis County, New York State."
- 1840 United States census
"Marvin Sacket, Ohio, Herkimer County, New York State."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991" (Ancestry image), Hampden County Probate Court papers, 1842, estate of Horace Nelson, case no. 8192.
- 1850 United States census
Roll 523, p 41b
West Turin, Lewis, New York
Sacket, Marvin, 54, farmer, real estate $500, b. NY
Sacket, Polly, 49, b. MA
Sacket, Ryon [Byron], 12, b. NY.
- 1855 New York state census
Lewis, Lewis, New York
Family no 221
Marvin Sackett, 53, b. MA, laborer, res. Lewis 7y
Polly Sackett, 51, wife, b. MA, res. Lewis 7y.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 Sep 2022|