|Father||William Sacket (1762-1847)|
|Mother||Olive Dean (1766-1845)|
In 1855 Samuel's widow Sarah, aged 64, was living with her son John and daughter-in-law Sylvia in Mexico, Oswego County, New York StateG.7
In 1860 Samuel's widow Sarah, aged 61 [actually 68], was living with her son John and daughter-in-law Sylvia in Boston, Ionia County, MichiganG.8
Children of Samuel Sacket and Sarah Wright
- Charles Dean Sacket b. 1815, d. 1858
- Edmond Howard Sackett+ b. 6 Mar 1817, d. 13 Aug 1893
- Polly Wright Sackett b. 13 Apr 1819, d. 8 Apr 1865
- Hester Ann Sacket b. 1821, d. 6 Jul 1841
- John Dempster Sackett+ b. 22 Nov 1822, d. 12 May 1893
- Lyman Sackett b. between 1824 & 1825, d. 28 Aug 1873
- Darius Sacket b. 1827, d. 1850
- Curtis Sacket b. 1827, d. 27 Aug 1850
Notes & Citations
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:51.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Samuel, s. William Jr. & Olive Dean, b. Oct. 17, 1790."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1561. Samuel Sacket."
- Thurmon King's database, 66 Samuel Sackett.
- Date of marriage based on birth of first child.
- Thurmon King's database, 30053 Sarah Wright.
- 1855 New York state census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Mexico, Oswego County, New York, 28 Jun 1855
Frame house $800
Sackett, John D, 33, b. Lewis County, pedlar
Sackett, Sylvia A, 33, wife, b. Jefferson County, milliner
Sackett, Clarissa M, 8, child, b. MA
Sackett, Sarah, 64, mother, b. CT, wid
Family lived in Mexico town 2 years.
- 1860 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll: M653_546; Page: 820; Family History Library Film: 803546
Boston, Ionia County, Michigan, 4 Aug 1860
Sackett, John D, 32, clerk, personal estate $200, b. NY
Sackett, Sylvia, 33, b. NY
Sackett, Clarissa, 13, b. CT
Sackett, Sarah, 61, b. MA.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 66|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||12 Mar 2018|