|Father||Deacon Salmon Sackett (1764-1846)|
|Mother||Mercy Matilda Curtis (1767-1831)|
Cassander was listed in the census in 1830 and 1840 as a householder in Tallmadge, OhioG.9,10
In 1850 he was living in Division 28, Lee County, IowaG, and was recorded as Cassandre Sacket, aged 55. He was incorrectly listed as female and an occupation was not recorded. Living with him were his wife Henrietta, 48, and their children, Mercy, 19, William, 17, George, 14, and Henrietta, aged twelve.11
In 1860 he was living in Denmark, Lee County, IowaG, and was recorded as Cassander Sacket, aged 63. Living with him were his wife Henrietta, 53, and their children, William, 26, George, 24, and Henrietta, aged 22.12
In 1870 he was living in Denmark, IowaG, and was recorded as Cassander Sackett, a farmer, aged 73. Living with him were his daughter Henrietta, 31, with her husband Hermon Montgomery, 33.13
Children of Cassander Sackett and Henrietta M Beach
Notes & Citations
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "[Sackett], Casander, s. [Salmon & Marsey Matilda], b. Dec. 24, 1795. Warren Vital Records, 1:109."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886, has 24 Dec 1796.
- Howard Carter, Genealogy of Descendants of Thomas Carter ... of MA and CT, Norfolk, CT (1909), digital image, Ancestry.com.
- Charles Cook Bronson, History of Tallmadge and the Western Reserve 1804–1886.
- Find a Grave.
- "Ohio Marriages, 1800–1958" (FamilySearch transcript), "13 Apr 1825, Ashtabula County, Ohio, Casander Sacket & Henrietta M Beach."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- 1830 United States census
"Cassandre Sacket, Tallmadge, Portage County, Ohio."
- 1840 United States census
"Cassander Sackett, Tallmadge, Summit County, Ohio."
- 1850 United States census
Roll: M432_186; Page: 322B; Image: 92
Division 28, Lee County, Iowa, 12 Sep 1850
Sacket, Cassandre, 55, f [sic], [no occ.], b. CT
Sacket, Henrietta M, 48, f, b. OH
Sacket, Mercy M, 19, f, b. OH
Sacket, William, 17, m, farmer, b. OH
Sacket, George, 14, m, farmer, b. OH
Sacket, Henrietta, 12, f, b. IA
Price, George, 36, m, farmer, b. OH
Price, Saphronia, 24, f. b. OH
Tuttle, Persis, 6, f, b. OH
Tuttle, Curtis, 3, m, b. OH.
- 1860 United States census
Roll: M653_330; Page: 274; Family History Library Film: 803330
Denmark, Lee County, Iowa, 19 Jun 1860
Sacket, Cassander, 63, farm laborer, real estate $3,014, personal estate $735, b. CT
Sacket, Henrietta M, 53, b. OH
Sacket, Wm L G, 26, engineer, b. OH
Sacket, George C, 24, farm laborer, b. OH
Sacket, Henrietta, 22, b. OH.
- 1870 United States census
Roll: M593_403; Page: 39B; Family History Library Film: 545902
Denmark, Lee County, Iowa, 12 Aug 1870
Sackett, Cassander, 73, farmer, real estate $3,960, personal estate $665, b. CT
Montgomery, Hermon, 33, farmer, personal estate $640, b. OH
Montgomery, Henrietta L, 31, keeping house, b. OH
Montgomery, Alice M, 21, school teacher, b. OH.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Sep 2022|