|Father||Elijah Sacket (1784-1851)|
|Mother||Cynthia Sacket (1784-1862)|
In 1870 Justin was living at Springfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Justin Sackett, a landscape gardener, aged 55 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Sophia, aged 44 and born in Massachusetts, and children, Alice, 29, Edward, 26, and James, 16. Also in the household was George Finning?, a laborer.8
Children of Justin Sacket and Sophia Marsh
- Alice E Sackett b. c 1840
- Edward I Sackett+ b. 4 Oct 1844, d. 14 Feb 1928
- James C Sackett b. c 1853
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1151. Justin Sackett, b. in 1815, d. Mar. 3, 1897."
- Biographical Review Leading Citizens of Hampden County, 2:1003.
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society) (http://www.NewEnglandAncestors.org), Sackett, Justin, Springfield, 1897, v472, p788, Death
"1897 Mch 3, Justin Sackett, married, 82-5-26, exhaustion & debility/ cerebral arterio sclerosis, at Springfield, landscape gardener, b. Westfield, s. Elijah & Cynthia (Sackett), both b. Westfield."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, New York Times, 4 March 1897, "Obituary Notes. / Justin Sackett of Springfield, Mass., died yesterday, aged eighty-two years. He was a landscape gardener of good reputation in New England. He served on the Board of Public Works of Springfield, and for nine years, from 1860, was Superintendent of Streets."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, Volume 3, Marriages and Intentions, 1807–1844, "Justin Sacket enters his Intentions of marriage with Sophia Marsh both of this town Sept 12. 1840 posted Sept 13th. Certif Oct 1. 1840."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, Volume 3, Marriages and Intentions, 1807–1844, "Oct. 1st  Justin Sackett and Sophia Marsh."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, First Church Records, Book 2, 1809–1849, "October 1 1840 Justin Sacket & Sophia Marsh."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_618/210/421
Springfield Ward 4, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Justin, 55, landscape gar driver [gardener], $18,500, $2,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Sophia O, 44, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Alice E, 29, teaching private school, b. Mass
Sackett, Edward Q?, 26, RR freight clerk, b. Mass
Sackett, James C, 16, laborer, b. Mass
Finning? George, 18, laborer, b. Mass.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||6 May 2011|