|Father||Elijah Sacket (1784-1851)|
|Mother||Cynthia Sacket (1784-1862)|
In 1860 Justin was living in SpringfieldG and was recorded in the census as Justin Sacket, a gardener, aged 45. Living with him were his wife Sophia, 36, and their children, Alice, 19, Edward, 15, and James, aged six.10
In 1870 he was living in SpringfieldG and was recorded as Justin Sackett, a landscape gardener, aged 55 and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Sophia, aged 44 and born in Massachusetts, and children, Alice, 29, Edward, 26, and James, 16. Also in the household was George Finning?, a laborer.11
In 1900 Justin's widow Sophia, aged 75, was living at Spring Street, SpringfieldG, in the household of her son James.12
Children of Justin Sacket and Sophia Marsh
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1151. Justin Sackett, b. in 1815, d. Mar. 3, 1897."
- Biographical Review Leading Citizens of Hampden County, 2:1003.
- Website Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841–1910 (New England Historic Genealogical Society), Sackett, Justin, Springfield, 1897, v472, p788, Death
"1897 Mch 3, Justin Sackett, married, 82-5-26, exhaustion & debility/ cerebral arterio sclerosis, at Springfield, landscape gardener, b. Westfield, s. Elijah & Cynthia (Sackett), both b. Westfield."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, New York Times, 4 March 1897, "Obituary Notes. / Justin Sackett of Springfield, Mass., died yesterday, aged eighty-two years. He was a landscape gardener of good reputation in New England. He served on the Board of Public Works of Springfield, and for nine years, from 1860, was Superintendent of Streets."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, Volume 3, Marriages and Intentions, 1807–1844, "Justin Sacket enters his Intentions of marriage with Sophia Marsh both of this town Sept 12. 1840 posted Sept 13th. Certif Oct 1. 1840."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, Volume 3, Marriages and Intentions, 1807–1844, "Oct. 1st  Justin Sackett and Sophia Marsh."
- Vital Records, Springfield, Massachusetts, to 1850, First Church Records, Book 2, 1809–1849, "October 1 1840 Justin Sacket & Sophia Marsh."
- Son James's birth record.
- 1860 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 459; Family History Library Film: 803503
Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, 17 Aug 1860
Sacket, Justin, 45, gardener, real estate $1,200, personal estate $500, b. MA
Sacket, Sophia O, 36, b. MA
Sacket, Allice E, 19, teacher of p school, b. MA
Sacket, Edward I, 15, b. MA
Sacket, James C, 6, MA.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_618/210/421
Springfield Ward 4, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Justin, 55, landscape gar driver [gardener], $18,500, $2,000, b. Mass
Sackett, Sophia O, 44, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Alice E, 29, teaching private school, b. Mass
Sackett, Edward Q?, 26, RR freight clerk, b. Mass
Sackett, James C, 16, laborer, b. Mass
Finning? George, 18, laborer, b. Mass.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Page: 10; Enumeration District: 0580; FHL microfilm: 1240652
Spring Street, Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, 11 Jun 1900
Sackett, James C, head, b. Aug 1853, 46, single, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA, contractor excavations, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Sophia, mother, b. Aug 1824, 75, wd, 3 ch, 2 living, b. MA, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Moriarty, Josephine, servant, b. May 1872, 28, single, b. Ireland, father b. Ireland, mother b. Ireland, immigrated 1886, servant.
|Last Edited||25 April 2020|