|Father||Aaron Sacket (1772-1848)|
|Mother||Lydia Yeomans (1779-1823)|
Enoch was appointed executor of his uncle Ozem Sacket's will made in WestfieldG on 13 March 1846.7
In 1850 Enoch was living in WestfieldG and was recorded in the census as Enoch Sacket, a farmer, aged 44, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Celestia, aged 36, and born in Massachusetts, and children, Lucy (12), Thomas (10), James (7), Lydia (5), and Ella (2). Also in the household was William Mott (30), a farmer.8
In 1860 he was living in WestfieldG and was recorded as Enoch Sacket, a farmer, aged 53, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him were his wife Celestia, aged 46, and born in Massachusetts, and their children, Lucy (22), Thomas (20), James (18), Lydia (15), Ella (12), and Fannie (3). Also in the household was William Flagg (30), a farm laborer.9
In 1870 Enoch's widow Celestia was living in WestfieldG in the household of her son James (26), a farmer, and was recorded in the census as Cylsta Sackett, housekeeper, aged 53, and born in Massachusetts. Also living with her were her other children, Thomas (30), Liddie (25), Ella (33), and Fanny (13.)10
1077. Enoch Sackett, about 1800–18__, of Westfield, Mass., son of (490) Aaron Sacket and his wife Lydia, was married to a Miss Douane.
2701. Thomas J. Sacket, m. Elisabeth Mosely.
2702. James N. Sacket, unmarried.
2703. Lydia Elvira Sacket, unmarried.
2704. Ella Celestia Sacket, unmarried.
2705. Fanny Josephine Sacket, m. Frank Hudson.
Children of Enoch Sacket and Celestia Doane
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "1077. Enoch Sacket, m. ___ Doane."
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v165, p367, death, "1863 1 October, Enoch Sackett, male, married, 57, consumption, at Westfield, farmer, b. Westfield, [parents blank]."
- "Westfield, Massachusetts, Marriage Records (Dougherty abstracts)", database, American Ancestors, "Enoch Sacket of W. and Celestia Doane of West Springfield; m. Jan. 11, 1836."
- "Massachusetts, Town and Vital records, 1620–1988", digital image, Ancestry.com, West Springfield marriages, "Sacket, Enoch of Westfield and Celesta [int. Miss Celestia] Doane of W.S. 12 Jan 1836."
- Birth data from death record.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, Sackett, Celestia B., Westfield, 1874, v265, p362, Death
"1874 July 27, Celestia D Sackett, female, widow, 60, consumption, d. Westfield, [occupation blank], b. W Springfld, [parents blank]."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991", digital image, Ancestry.com.
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, M432_318/221
Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts
Enoch Sacket, 44, farmer, $2,000, b. MA
Celestia Sacket, 36, b. MA
Lucy M Sacket, 12, b. MA
Thomas Sacket, 10, b. MA
James Sacket, 7, b. MA
Lydia Sacket, 5, b. MA
Ella/Etta Sacket, 2, b. MA
Wm Mott, 26, b. MA.
- 1860 Census for United States, M653_502/911/105 (KR)
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
June 18, 1860, Westfield Post Office
Enoch Sacket, 53, farmer, $5,000, $1,500, b. Mass
Celestia Sacket, 46, b. Mass
Lucy M Sacket, 22, house work, b. Mass
Thomas J Sacket, 20, farm laborer, b. Mass
James M Sacket, 18, farm laborer, b. Mass
Lydia E Sacket, 15, high school student, b. Mass
Ella C Sacket, 12, b. Mass
Fannie J, Sacket, 3, b. Mass
William Flagg, 30, farm laborer, b. Conn.
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/417/154/677/968 (KR)
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
July 7, 1870 Westfield Post Office
Sackett, Cabel, 54, farmer, $2,000, $600, b. Mass
Sackett, Jerusilia, 52, female, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Frank, 12, attending school, b. Mass
Sackett, James, 26, farmer, $2,500, $800, b. Mass
Sackett, Thomas, 30, farmer, b. Mass
Sackett, Cylsta, 53, female, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, Liddie, 25, dress making, b. Mass
Sackett, Ella, 33, dress making, b. Mass
Sackett, Fanny, 13, attending school, b. Mass.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 708|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||28 Nov 2021|