Milton H Sackett
|Father||Elijah Sackett (1751-1837)|
|Mother||Catherine Gibson (say 1755-)|
Milton was listed in the 1820 census as a householder in Williamsport, Washington County, MarylandG.7
Milton was listed in the 1830 and 1840 censuses as a householder in Orange, Delaware County, OhioG.8,9
742. Milton H. Sackett, 1783–1849, son of (281) Elijah and Catherine Gibson Sackett, was married at Williamsport, Md., in 1806, to Ann Sterritt, who died in 1816. Prior to 1829 he was married at New Boston, N. H., to his second wife, Sarah Ferson, 1788–1849. Their home from 1815 to the end of their lives was in Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio.
1805. Elijah Sackett, b. in 1810, d. in 1829; unmarried.
1806. Milton A. Sackett, b. in 1813, d. in 1896; m. Susan P. Hoge.
1807. James F. Sackett, b. in 1830; m. Elisabeth Havens.
Children of Milton H Sackett and Anna Sterret
- Catherine Sackett b. c 1808, d. c 1862
- Elijah Sackett b. c 1810, d. c 1829
- Rev Milton Augustine Sackett+ b. 24 Feb 1813, d. 21 Aug 1896
Child of Milton H Sackett and Sally Ferson
- James Ferson Sackett+ b. 9 Oct 1830, d. 4 Jun 1917
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "742. Milton H. Sackett, b. Mar. 19, 1783, d. Feb. 22, 1849; m. Anna Sterret."
- Website Find A Grave.
- "Maryland, Compiled Marriages, 1655–1850", database, Ancestry.com, "10 Dec 1806, Mileton [sic] Sackett, & Ann Sterrett, Washington County."
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Thurmon King's database.
- "New Hampshire, Births and Christenings Index, 1714–1904", database, Ancestry.com, "Sally Ferson, b. New Boston, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, 13 Sep 1788, d. of James Ferson & Mary McNeill."
- 1820 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Milton H Sackett, Williamsport, Washington County, Maryland."
- 1830 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Milton H Sacket, Orange, Delaware County, Ohio."
- 1840 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Milton H Sacket, Orange, Delaware County, Ohio."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 5574|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Sackett line||Grandson of Thomas Sackett of Hopewell|
|Last Edited||5 Oct 2019|