|Father||William Sacket (1730-1802)|
|Mother||Lydia Weller (1739-1828)|
Royal was listed in the 1800 census as a householder in WestfieldG.11
Royal was named in his father's will made in WestfieldG on 24 January 1797 and proved on 2 March 1802. He was to inherit an equal share of the estate with his five brothers after specific bequests of lands to their two sisters. In a codicil to the will, in June 1799, Royal's share was reallocated in equal shares to his children, perhaps indicating that Royal had been taken ill by that date.12
677. Royal Sacket, 1769–1804, of Westfield, Mass., son of (227) Capt. William and Lydia Weller Sacket, was married Jan. 30, 1794, to Catherine Noble, daughter of Gad Noble, 1769–1818.
1577. Chester Sacket, b. Dec. 20, 1796, d. June 16, 1848; m. Maria Bush.
1578. Marvin Sacket, b. Dec. 1799, d. Nov. 17, 1801.
Children of Royal Sacket and Catherine Noble
- Edmond Sackett b. 28 May 1795
- Chester Sackett b. 20 Dec 1796, d. 16 Jun 1848
- Marvin Sackett b. 2 Dec 1799, d. 17 Nov 1801
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "677. Royal Sacket, b. June 12, 1769, d. May 5, 1804; m. Catherine Noble."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, B:34.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Royal, s. William & Lydia Wellar, b. June 12, 1769."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1769 Sacket, Royal s. William & Lydia, June 18."
- "Westfield, MA: Deaths in the First Church, 1728–1836", digital image, American Ancestors, "1804 May 5 Royal Sacket 35 years."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, C:171.
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Royal Sacket of W. and Catharine Noble of W; m. Jan. 30, 1794."
- "Westfield, MA: Marriage Records of the First Church, 1781–1835", database, American Ancestors, "1794 Royal Sacket of Westfield & Catherine Noble of Westfield."
- Marriage Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Amos Bush (Boosh) Jr. of W. and Wd. Catherine Sacket of W; m. June 3, 1806."
- "Westfield, MA: Marriage Records of the First Church, 1781–1835", database, American Ancestors, "1806 Amos Bush Jr. of Westfield & Catherine Sacket of Westfield."
- 1800 US census, database, American Ancestors, "Royal Sacket, Westfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts."
- "Massachusetts, U.S., Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1991", digital image, Ancestry.com.
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 114|
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||24 Aug 2021|