|Father||Henry Sackett (1710/11-1790)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Clifford (c 1709-1786)|
Edward was named as a beneficiary in his brother Jeremiah's will made in Northwood, St Lawrence in Thanet, KentG, on 12 March 1838. He was left the use of the house at Sackett's Hill which he had shared with Jeremiah and in which he lived with his great niece Ann Darby.4
In 1841 Edward was living at Northwood, St Peter in ThanetG, and was recorded in the census as Edward Sackett, aged 88 and born in Kent. He was listed as "poor", indicating that he was receiving support from the parish. Living with him was Ann Robson Darby, aged 40, a granddaughter of Edward's sister Ann who had married William Darby.5
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sackett snippets|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "2 February 1753 Edward s. Henry & Elizabeth Sackett bn. 22 January."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1844. Sackett, Edward, 91. Thanet. 5:366."
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent, "16 November 1844 Edward Sackett, Northwood, 91 years."
- Will of Jeremiah Sackett of Northwood, St Lawrence, Kent, 12 March 1838, proved at Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 4 July 1838 (Kent Archives Office, KAO PRC 17-110-240).
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Northwood, St Peter, Kent
Edward Sackett, 88, poor, b. Kent
Ann Robson Darby, 40, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 468; Book: 19; Civil Parish: St Peter; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 22; Folio: 31; Page: 9; Line: 13; GSU roll: 306863.
|Last Edited||21 December 2019|