, daughter of Jonathan Sackett
and Ruth Hotchkiss
, was born in New Haven, ConnecticutG
, on 4 March 1718/19.2,3,4
She died there aged 61 on 24 December 17804
and was buried at the First Congregational Society, New HavenG
She married in New Haven, ConnecticutG
, on 27 April 1738, Matthew Gilbert.5,6,4
Child of Ruth Sackett and Matthew Gilbert
- Sackett Gilbert b. 9 Mar 1743/44
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 144, "Ruth the Daughter of Jonathan Sackitt was Born the 4th day of March 1718/19."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackitt, Ruth, d. Jonathan, b. Mar. 4, 1718/19. New Haven Vital Records, 1:261."
- Donald Jacobus, Families of Ancient New Haven, (Online database. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2008), pp 1583–8, "Ruth, b 4 Mar 1718/9 NHV, d 24 Dec 1780 æ. 62 NHC1; m 27 Apr 1738 NHV—Matthew Gilbert."
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, 259, "Matthew Gilbert and Ruth Sackitt, both of New Haven were Joyned in Marriage to each other April 27th 1738 by Samll Bishop Justice of Peace."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackitt, Ruth, m. Matthew Gilbert, b. of New Haven, Apr. 27, 1738, by Sam[ue]ll Bishop, JP. New Haven Vital Records, 1:582."