|Father||John Sackett (1688-1728)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Field (c 1690-c 1724)|
121. Elisabeth Sackett, 1720–1809, daughter of (27) John and Elisabeth Field Sackett, was married, May 22, 1743, to John Leverich, 3rd, of Fishkill, N. Y., and Newtown, L. I.
Rev. William Leverich, the founder of the New York branch of the Leverich family, was born in England and educated at Emanuel College, Cambridge, taking his degree of A. B. in 1629. In 1633 "he engaged to become the minister of Dover, New Hampshire, and came from London in the ship James, reaching Salem on October 10 of that year. After spending two years at Dover he went to Boston and from there to Doxbury. In 1640 he was at Cape Cod preaching to the Indians, a worthy contemporary of the apostle Elliot. In 1653 he was settled over the congregation of Oyster Bay, and labored there and at Huntington and Newtown to the date of his death, 1717."
Caleb Leverich, son of above, was for many years a prominent citizen and extensive land holder in Newtown, L. I., and was one of the original members of the Presbyterian church there.
John Leverich, son of above mentioned Caleb, died at Newtown just previous to 1705, leaving surviving him a son:
John Leverich, 2nd, who by his wife, Anne Moore, had several children, the eldest being:
John Leverich, 3rd, who married as above stated, Elisabeth Sackett. They had three
386. Sackett Leverich.
387. Richard Leverich, m. Amy Titus and Nancy Lane.
Children of Elizabeth Sackett and John Leverich III
- Amy Leverich
- Richard Leverich
- Sackett Leverich b. 1752
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "121. Elizabeth Sackett, b. in year 1720, d. Sept. 6, 1809; m. John Leverish."
- Website Brooklyn Genealogy, Marriage Index New York 1600s–1900. (Steve Morse), "1743, Elmhurst, Queens County, Sacket, Elisabeth & Leveritch, John."
- Register of Marriages, Presbyterian Church, Newtown (now Elmhurst), Queens County, Long Island, N.Y., "1743, May 22. John Leverich & Elisabeth Sacket."
|Sackett line||4th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 Jan 2020|