|Father||Captain Joseph Sackett (1655/56-1719)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Betts (c 1660-between 1700 & 1710)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Newtown, Queens CountyG, on 20 September 1719. He was to inherit, jointly with his siblings, all his father's land and meadows at Hopewell and Maidenhead in New Jersey.
27. John Sackett, 16__–1728, of Newtown, L. I., son of (7) Capt. Joseph and Elizabeth Betts Sackett, was married, Jan. 11, 1719, to Elisabeth Field, after whose death he was married to her sister, Susanna Field. They were daughters of Elnathan Field, son of Robert Field, of Newtown, who was the son of Robert Field, a patentee of Flushing, L. I.
122. William Sackett, b. Dec. 29, 1727, d. Apr. 28, 1802; m. (141) Anne Lawrence.
Child of John Sackett and Elizabeth Field
- Elizabeth Sackett+ b. 1720, d. 6 Sep 1809
Child of John Sackett and Susanna Field
- William Sackett+ b. 29 Dec 1727, d. 28 Apr 1802
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "27. John Sacket, b. in 1688, d. Dec. 31, 1728; m. Elizabeth Field."
- James Riker, The Annals of Newtown, in Queens County, New-York: containing Its History from its first Settlement, D Fanshaw, New York (1852), p345.
- Register of Deaths, Presbyterian Church, Newtown (now Elmhurst), Queens County, Long Island, N.Y., "1728, Dec. 31. John Sackett."
- "New York, Marriages, 1686–1980", database, FamilySearch, "11 Jan 1719, Presbyterian Church, Newtown, Queens, New York, John Sackett & Elizabeth Field."
- "New York City, Marriages, 1600s–1800s", database, Ancestry.com, "1719, Elmhurst, Queens County, John Sackett & Elizabeth Field."
- Website Brooklyn Genealogy, Marriage Index New York 1600s–1900. (Steve Morse), "1741, Elmhurst, Queens County, Sacket, Susannah & Leveridge, John."
- Register of Marriages, Presbyterian Church, Newtown (now Elmhurst), Queens County, Long Island, N.Y., "1741, Oct. 14. John Leveridge & Susannah Sacket."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 7034|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
William Sackett & Anne Lawrence relationship chart
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||4 Jan 2020|