|Father||Capt Joseph Sackett (1655/56-1719)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Betts (c 1660-between 1700 & 1710)|
John was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made in Newtown, Queens CountyG, on 20 September 1719. He was to inherit, jointly with his siblings, all his father's land and meadows at Hopewell and Maidenhead in New Jersey.
Child of John Sackett and Elizabeth Field
- Elizabeth Sackett b. c 1720, d. 6 Sep 1809
Child of John Sackett and Susanna Field
- William Sackett+ b. 29 Dec 1727, d. 28 Apr 1802
27. John Sackett, 16__–1728, of Newtown, L. I., son of (7) Capt. Joseph and Elizabeth Betts Sackett, was married, Jan. 11, 1719, to Elisabeth Field, after whose death he was married to her sister, Susanna Field. They were daughters of Elnathan Field, son of Robert Field, of Newtown, who was the son of Robert Field, a patentee of Flushing, L. I.
122. William Sackett, b. Dec. 29, 1727, d. Apr. 28, 1802; m. (141) Anne Lawrence.
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 7034|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
William Sackett & Anne Lawrence relationship chart
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "27. John Sacket, b. in 1688, d. Dec. 31, 1728; m. Elizabeth Field."
- James Riker, The Annals of Newtown, in Queens County, New-York: containing Its History from its first Settlement, D Fanshaw, New York (1852), p345.
|Last Edited||28 October 2019|