|Father||Judge Joseph Sackett (1680-1755)|
|Mother||Hannah Alsop (1690-1773)|
William was named as a beneficiary in his father's will made on 31 March 1755.
Children of William Sackett and Sarah Fish
97. William Sackett, 1731–1776, son of (23) Judge Joseph and Hannah Alsop Sackett, was married Aug. 31, 1757, to Sarah Fish, daughter of Capt. Samuel Fish and his wife Agnes Berrien. Mr. Sackett was a lifelong resident of Newtown, and for many years a vestryman in the Episcopal church there.
Jonathan Fish, colonist and founder of the Long Island Fish family, came from England to America previous to 1637, in which year he, with two of his brothers, settled at Sandwich on Cape Cod. Previous to 1659 he became a resident of Newtown, Long Island. ther he served for several years as a magistrate, and there he died about the year 1673.
Nathan Fish, son of above named Jonathan, was one of the citizens of Newtown to whom the Conformatory charter was granted by Governor Dongan. He was a husbandman and died at an advanced age in 1734.
Capt. Samuel Fish, son of above named Nathan, was thrice married and the father of fifteen children. His first wife, Agnes Berrien, to whom he was married June 21, 1727, was the mother of his daughter Sarah, who married William Sackett. They had two
314. William W. Sackett, b. Aug. 31, 1765, d. July 9, 1833; m. Susan Smith.
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 6334|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "97. William Sackett, b. Aug. 27, 1731; d. May 1, 1776; m. Deborah Fish."
- New York State, Names of persons for whom marriage licenses were issued by the secretary of the province of New York, previous to 1784., Albany, Weed, Parsons & Co (1860), digital image, (https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009586797), "1759, Aug. 31, Sackett, William, and Sarah Fish. II, 405."
- Website Brooklyn Genealogy, Marriage Index New York 1600s–1900. (Steve Morse), "1782, New York City, Sacket, Sarah & Woods, John."
- New York State, Names of persons for whom marriage licenses were issued by the secretary of the province of New York, previous to 1784., Albany, Weed, Parsons & Co (1860), digital image, (https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/009586797), "1782, Sept. 11. Sacket, Sarah, and John Woods, XXXVI, 144."
|Last Edited||13 May 2020|